Add/Edit Prices Action menu option in List View

Is possible to have the “Add/Edit Prices” action in the List View actions? So that user will be able to bulk add/edit prices for item variants?

Hi @alphaomegaphi,

Possible, but you have to develop the using listview client script. please check the example.

That’s actually a nice feature in your example.

However, what I’m looking is to have the option in the Action menu. Then, after selection of items in the list view, click Action button and then click “add/edit prices”, which will pop up the modal (similar to your example) with the ability to select the price list(s), input the price(s) and, add/edit the price button. Then, system will add/edit prices for all tbe selection.

Possible, but challenging. You can try with the listview client script.

Hi @alphaomegaphi,

If you want to learn and develop the feature, please check out the video.

2 Likes

Hey @NCP thanks, def some good ideas. Also, I just subscribed to your channel, keep it up!

Now, putting some extra thoughts on this one in case someone else is interested in the idea:

I was thinking on a bulk add/edit prices workflow, with either Update or Add prices in bulk tonselected items from the List View:

Edit scenario

1. User must first select items, then
  2. Click Action menu and click “Bulk edit/add prices” then,
  3. Modal opens, user select the price list to update, input the price, then click “Update price”.

Add scenario
Same as Edit scneario except:
4. If price list doesn’t exist, then user creates one, input price, then click “Add price”.

So it looks more like the modal will have a link field to the Price list doctype, an input field for the price, and a button that dynamically change from “Update price” to “Add price” if price list does not exist yet.

Also, for the edit scenario, there has to be a validation step to check if item exist in the selected price list (if price list is not new), if item does not exist then system adds item to the list.

Hope this is not too confusing😄

Hi @alphaomegaphi,

Stay tuned for the second part, I’ll share with you in a couple of days a sensational look like yours!

2 Likes

Hi @alphaomegaphi,

Please check the Part 2:

hope this helps!

1 Like