Adding VAT ID to invoice

I am sure this questions has been asked already, but I am unable to find an answer, so here we go:

Is it possible to show the VAT ID of a customer in the printed invoice ? If so, how is the "doc" field called ?
I tried doc.customer_details with no luck. 

Best, 

Gunter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

There has been issues around European VAT is on list but non on the VAT ID. For the non European readers the VAT-ID is needed if the want to use deferred VAT buying from an other country inside the EU.

I am not using the VAT ID as such but guess this could be added as a custom field to the customer doc. An other german customer is quite experienced in adapting the print format // Sören H. Biere .

In terms of accounting (and mind you i am not an accountant) I track the VAT of sales in Germany (from NL) by a tax template having the tax twice once positive once negative. So if I buy tax free from Germany there are two tax charges eg 6% and minus 6%.
So accounting wise i do not pay VAT in Germany, but I can still track the amounts which I have to report to the NL VAT authorities every three months.

rgds robert

On Monday, September 2, 2013 5:51:44 PM UTC+2, Gunter Geiger wrote:
I am sure this questions has been asked already, but I am unable to find an answer, so here we go:

Is it possible to show the VAT ID of a customer in the printed invoice ? If so, how is the "doc" field called ?

Best, 

Gunter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Gunter,

Robert is right. 
1. You will have to create a Custom Field "customer_vat_no" in Customer and Sales Invoice form
2. Go to File > New > Custom Script and create a Custom Script (Client) for Sales Invoice, with script as:
cur_frm.add_fetch('customer','customer_vat_no','customer_vat_no')
3. Go to Tools > Clear Cache & Refresh

After that, you should be able to see Customer's VAT No. in new Sales Invoices you create.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 03-Sep-2013, at 6:45 AM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

There has been issues around European VAT is on list but non on the VAT ID. For the non European readers the VAT-ID is needed if the want to use deferred VAT buying from an other country inside the EU.

I am not using the VAT ID as such but guess this could be added as a custom field to the customer doc. An other german customer is quite experienced in adapting the print format // Sören H. Biere .

In terms of accounting (and mind you i am not an accountant) I track the VAT of sales in Germany (from NL) by a tax template having the tax twice once positive once negative. So if I buy tax free from Germany there are two tax charges eg 6% and minus 6%.
So accounting wise i do not pay VAT in Germany, but I can still track the amounts which I have to report to the NL VAT authorities every three months.

rgds robert

Best, 

Gunter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

1 Like
Hi, 

Thanks for your answers. We need the VATID in our invoices in order to justify a taxfree transaction to another commercial entity within the european union. 

I am starting to understand the custom fields system a bit more. Anyhow, I seem to have a problem when the data is fetched from the Customer record.
I created the fields "customer_vatid" in the Customer and Sales Invoice (and I can edit them there) but the script:

cur_frm.add_fetch('customer_id','customer_vatid','customer_vatid');

does not pull in the data from the Customer record to the Invoice when I create an invoice and select a contact.

Any ideas ? Maybe the field type is important or some other field options ?

Best, 

Gunter

On Tuesday, 3 September 2013 08:09:11 UTC+2, Anand Doshi wrote:
Hi Gunter,

Robert is right. 
1. You will have to create a Custom Field "customer_vat_no" in Customer and Sales Invoice form
2. Go to File > New > Custom Script and create a Custom Script (Client) for Sales Invoice, with script as:

After that, you should be able to see Customer's VAT No. in new Sales Invoices you create.

Thanks,
Anand.

rgds robert

Best, 

Gunter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Gunter,

Field name from where we select Customer is "customer". As per this, custom script will be changed as:

cur_frm.add_fetch('customer','customer_vatid','customer_vatid');

Please make required change in your custom script and check in your invoice after clearing cache and refreshing browser tab of ERPNext.

Hope this helps.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Gunter Geiger <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your answers. We need the VATID in our invoices in order to justify a taxfree transaction to another commercial entity within the european union.

I am starting to understand the custom fields system a bit more. Anyhow, I seem to have a problem when the data is fetched from the Customer record.
I created the fields "customer_vatid" in the Customer and Sales Invoice (and I can edit them there) but the script:

does not pull in the data from the Customer record to the Invoice when I create an invoice and select a contact.

Best,

Gunter

Hi Gunter,

Robert is right.

Thanks,
Anand.

I am not using the VAT ID as such but guess this could be added as a custom field to the customer doc. An other german customer is quite experienced in adapting the print format // Sören H. Biere .

In terms of accounting (and mind you i am not an accountant) I track the VAT of sales in Germany (from NL) by a tax template having the tax twice once positive once negative. So if I buy tax free from Germany there are two tax charges eg 6% and minus 6%.

rgds robert

Best,

Gunter

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com
Yep, did it. Great ! Thanks a lot.

Gunter

On Tuesday, 3 September 2013 15:24:26 UTC+2, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Gunter,

Field name from where we select Customer is "customer". As per this, custom script will be changed as:

Please make required change in your custom script and check in your invoice after clearing cache and refreshing browser tab of ERPNext.

Hope this helps.

Hi, 

Best, 

Gunter

Hi Gunter,

Robert is right. 

Thanks,
Anand.

rgds robert

Best, 

Gunter

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Thanks a lot, i was looking for the same thing and it works great!

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 10:24:26 AM UTC-3, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Gunter,

Hope this helps.

Hi, 

Best, 

Gunter

Hi Gunter,

Robert is right. 

Thanks,
Anand.

rgds robert

Best, 

Gunter

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com