In Erpnext as a system user a customer (or supplier) (in accounts a Party) is linked to zero, 1 or multiple addresses and contacts. It is not evident what exactly constitutes the linking between the three (3) tables (or in other words : which field(s) constitutes the linking field).
A customer can create an account. He has to submit a Name and an email address. (Seems that no check is carried out for email address validity) A registration mail is send and than address info has to be submitted thru a webform “addresses”
So the webform addresses is to be mapped to the three tables customer, Contacts, address. This may lead to issues if select field or linked tables are not the same. That is the case for:
Address_type, that if not defined the same leds to a conflict, as well as the country that is linked to the country table.
As the country table is in English this may lead to conflicts if the country name is typed in another language.
To avoid issues the webfom is not set as non-editable.
This introduces serious restriction in presenting a clear and localized address form!!! Not even labels, giving explanation in local language can be added.
I suggest the following.
- Clear instructions how to use the webform, in such a manner that the integrity with the customers, address, contacts is assured.
- For 1 it is required that the a clear description is given which webform input field is linked to which table.field.
- The address webform is a copy from definition of the coretables (Cus,Add,Contact) including the select field setting.
- If fields are removed from the webform they should be set to non-mandatory in the target tables
- A reset button of the address webform, as is the case for most “customize table”
6) TO REMOVE THE NON-EDIT SO THAT A WEBFORM CAN BE MADE IN LOCAL LANGUAGE AND DROPPING NON RELEVANT FIELDS.
EG in NL we do not have States, and Pincode is the secret number you enter when you make a payment /cash withdrawal with credit or bank card. Customers will run away from any form where one asks for Pincode!!!
I really hope that these last issues around a functional CART can be resolved soonest.