After creating a custom doctype, it is not visible in code base folder

after creating a custom doctype, it is not visible in code base folder

Hi @keerthi_kuttan:

1. Are you logged as ā€œadministratorā€ user?
  2. developer_mode is set to 1?
  3. Uncheck ā€œCustomā€ on your doctype

Create your doctype again.
Hope this helps.

System Manager role is selected to my account. Also I canā€™t uncheck the ā€œCustomā€ option also. It is disabled. How can I create administrator account?

Hi @keerthi_kuttan,
You need to enable developer modeā€¦

bench set-config -g developer_mode 1

For more details, Click Here

its done. but no change.

Getting error PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied on clear cache

Hi @keerthi_kuttan:

Your need to login with ā€˜administratorā€™ ā€¦ this user is created automatically at install time.
Hope this helps.

bench --site {your site} clear-cache

Try this

I logged in with a user which is created automatically at install time. Created a doctype and saved. Developer mode is set. Still I canā€™t see any folder for new doctype. May be I am looking in wrong location. Where can I see this. Please help.

Hi @keerthi_kuttan:

But is user called ā€œadministratorā€? If not, ā€œCustomā€ check on your doctype wonā€™t be ā€œunclickableā€ ā€¦

Your doctype folder should be located on

yourbench/apps/yourapp/yourapp/yourapp/doctype/yourdoctype

If the doctype was created before, try to create it again.
Hope this helps.

Speaking of which, could you please elaborate on what (custom) means here?

HI @ahassoun:

Are you talking about ā€œCustomā€ check ? Or ā€œcustomā€ doctype? :yum:

ā€œCustomā€ check on doctype means in this case ā€¦ ā€œstore it on databaseā€, so you need to unclick it.

1 Like

Go to the site_config.json file in your site directory and add (if it doesnā€™t exist already)
developer_mode:1;
The above should be added via the command

Then stop the bench (Ctrl+c) and start it again.
You should see the red intro on going into the detail of any doctype in the doctype list.

This will let you remove the ā€œcustomā€ check box (if youā€™re in the super administrator login. Not the one you created on setup wizard, but the one you created initially on bench new-site command.)

The user created automatically is user@example.com. I canā€™t see any user called Administrator.

In the edit of doctype,we can see a ā€œcustomā€ checkbox.

Hi @keerthi_kuttan:

ā€œAdministratorā€ is generated automatically on site creation. Name is always ā€œAdministratorā€.

Try to login.
If you canā€™t remember the password, use

bench --site yoursite.local set-admin-password yourpassword

Hope this helps.

I did bitnami installation.
sudo cat /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials I got credentials. Hope this is administrator, but name is not Administrator. Its name is ā€œUserName LastNameā€

Hi @keerthi_kuttan:

Administrator user is not visible from other user session ā€¦ I donā€™t know if Bitnami installation delete it somehow, but probably is still there, and name remains as ā€œAdministratorā€. Try to login or restore the password.