After successful bench update, I cannot see the latest changes in files


I need to override default max_reports_per_user =3 in Auto Email Report. This can be done in site_config.json file according to this thread. Auto Email Report: Why there is a limit of 3 user field? - #4 by rmehta

I ran bench update and frappe and erpnext is on latest version.
ERPNext: v10.1.47 (master)
Frappe Framework: v10.1.45 (master)

When I checked my frappe source code, I cannot see the latest update in frappe/frappe/email/doctype/auto_email_report/ file.
what could be wrong ? Please see the comparison below

On what branch is the Github code on right now ? It is possible the Github was viewed on branch develop

@root13F I ran to ‘bench switch-to-master’. It works now. I can add more than 3 reports. So configuration in site_config.json must be loaded, I had given max_reports_per_user = 30

Strangely, I cannot still see the latest code updated in frappe/frappe/email/doctype/auto_email_report/

Line 15 should be
max_reports_per_user = frappe.local.conf.max_reports_per_user or 3
in order to get the value from site_config.json ?

If I needed to edit the “max_reports_per_user” value in my v10.0.14 production server WITHOUT UPDATING BENCH to the newest…

Would that be possible?

If so, where is the “” file in a production system?

I have way to many custom things going on to allow bench to update. That would wreck my system. I just want to get past the 3 user limit and bump it up to 12.




max_reports_per_user is found here in the code:

To change the default value try something like this:

bench --site site1.local set-config max_reports_per_user 12

That will write that key value pair say here ~/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/site_config.json

If that does not work you may need to manually edit that file for eg to add quotes…

This search may give clues to help your understanding:

 frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench$ find . -name '*.py' | xargs grep frappe.local.conf

Thanks John. I will try that. I read somewhere that the ability to do it in the site_config.json was only available in the newer v10 releases, so I may be stuck editing the value in the *.py file somewhere. I use a fairly early v10 release and cannot update it.