API How to submit Stock Reconciliation record with only status?

Hello,

I have created an API to handle the creation, updating, and submission of Stock Reconciliation records. My goal is to submit a record by sending only its status, instead of providing all the data for the record.

Here’s an example flow:

1. I create a Stock Reconciliation record using the API:
curl 'https://erp.mydomain.com/api/resource/Stock%20Reconciliation' \
--header 'Authorization: token xxx:yyy' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data '{
    "docstatus": 0,
    "doctype": "Stock Reconciliation",
    "owner": "Administrator",
    "naming_series": "MAT-RECO-.YYYY.-",
    "company": "My Company",
    "purpose": "Stock Reconciliation",
    "posting_date": "2023-07-28",
    "set_posting_time": 1,
    "items": [
        {
            "owner": "Administrator",
            "allow_zero_valuation_rate": 1,
            "item_code": "SKU-007",
            "warehouse": "Warehouse1",
            "qty": 10,
            "valuation_rate": 0
        }
    ],
    "posting_time": "13:34:38"
}'
  1. I receive the name ID of this document, which is MAT-RECO-2023-00006. Now, I want to submit this Stock Reconciliation without making any changes to its data (items, quantities, values, etc.).

Here’s an example request for submitting the record:

curl --request PUT 'https://erp.mydomain.com/api/resource/Stock%20Reconciliation/MAT-RECO-2023-00006' \
--header 'Authorization: token xxx:yyy' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data '{
    "name": "MAT-RECO-2023-00006",
    "docstatus": 1
}'

However, I encountered an error message:

{
    "exc_type": "EmptyStockReconciliationItemsError",
    "exception": "erpnext.stock.doctype.stock_reconciliation.stock_reconciliation.EmptyStockReconciliationItemsError: None of the items have any change in quantity or value.",
    "exc": "[\"Traceback (most recent call last):\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/app.py\\\", line 94, in application\\n    response = frappe.api.handle()\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/api.py\\\", line 94, in handle\\n    doc.save()\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py\\\", line 305, in save\\n    return self._save(*args, **kwargs)\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py\\\", line 339, in _save\\n    self.run_before_save_methods()\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py\\\", line 1048, in run_before_save_methods\\n    self.run_method(\\\"validate\\\")\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py\\\", line 914, in run_method\\n    out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py\\\", line 1267, in composer\\n    return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py\\\", line 1249, in runner\\n    add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py\\\", line 911, in fn\\n    return method_object(*args, **kwargs)\\n  File \\\"apps/erpnext/erpnext/stock/doctype/stock_reconciliation/stock_reconciliation.py\\\", line 40, in validate\\n    self.remove_items_with_no_change()\\n  File \\\"apps/erpnext/erpnext/stock/doctype/stock_reconciliation/stock_reconciliation.py\\\", line 108, in remove_items_with_no_change\\n    frappe.throw(\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 533, in throw\\n    msgprint(\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 501, in msgprint\\n    _raise_exception()\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 450, in _raise_exception\\n    raise raise_exception(msg)\\nerpnext.stock.doctype.stock_reconciliation.stock_reconciliation.EmptyStockReconciliationItemsError: None of the items have any change in quantity or value.\\n\"]",
    "_server_messages": "[\"{\\\"message\\\": \\\"None of the items have any change in quantity or value.\\\", \\\"title\\\": \\\"Message\\\", \\\"indicator\\\": \\\"red\\\", \\\"raise_exception\\\": 1}\"]"
}

Could you please help me understand how to submit a record by only providing its status? Thank you for your assistance.

Or Submit a Stock Reconciliation need to post a copy of record in the request?

1. The first approach is you can submit your stock reconciliation by passing the docstatus parameter to 1 using a POST request. This will create a new entry and submit your stock reconciliation.
  2. On the other hand, if you want to submit your stock reconciliation using a PUT request. You can set the docstatus to 1 also.
  3. Your error shows that you’re going to Submit your stock reconciliation since there is no change of Stock increase or decrease. You have to check the stock qty that you are going to reconcile.