As a developer I am struggling to use Query Builder

We’ve two options when writing queries and I wonder which one do you prefer.

• I just use Query Builder (PyPika) :sunglasses:
  • I never left good old friend SQL :nerd_face:
  • I mixing them :confused:
0 voters

I am a SQL Developer and I know that PyPika makes my apps compatible with PostgreSQL but it’s kinda new stuff for me.

I wonder does using PyPika have any benefits other than making apps cross-database compatible?

I think QB is great!

The only thing I suffer from is the documentation, specially for the details. e.g. I was puzzled for 15 minutes on how to import concat_ws. After trying all options I found out it had to be imported as Concat_ws. I still have to figure out if an and_ and or_ conditions are present in PyPika.

1 Like

The query in question is this:

SELECT
	SED_START.batch_no, SED_START.item_code, SED_START.t_warehouse,
  IFNULL(SUM(SED_START.qty), 0) AS start_qty, IFNULL(SUM(SED_MANUFACTURE.qty), 0) AS manufactured_qty,
  IFNULL(SUM(SED_START.qty), 0) - IFNULL(SUM(SED_MANUFACTURE.qty), 0) AS rem_qty
FROM
	`tabWork Order` AS WO
  LEFT JOIN `tabStock Entry` AS SE_START ON SE_START.work_order = WO.name
		AND SE_START.docstatus = 1
    AND SE_START.purpose = 'Material Transfer for Manufacture'
	LEFT JOIN `tabStock Entry Detail` AS SED_START ON SED_START.parent = SE_START.name
  	AND SED_START.parentfield = "items" AND SED_START.parenttype = "Stock Entry"
	LEFT JOIN `tabStock Entry` AS SE_MANUFACTURE ON SE_MANUFACTURE.work_order = WO.name
  	AND SE_MANUFACTURE.docstatus = 1
    AND SE_MANUFACTURE.purpose = 'Manufacture'
  LEFT JOIN `tabStock Entry Detail` AS SED_MANUFACTURE ON SED_MANUFACTURE.parent = SE_MANUFACTURE.name
  	AND SED_MANUFACTURE.parentfield = "items" AND SED_MANUFACTURE.parenttype = "Stock Entry"
    AND SED_MANUFACTURE.item_code = SED_START.item_code
    AND SED_MANUFACTURE.batch_no = SED_START.batch_no
WHERE
	WO.name = 'MFG-WO-2023-00037'  
  #AND SED_START.item_code = SED_MANUFACTURE.item_code
GROUP BY
	SED_START.batch_no, SED_START.item_code, SED_START.t_warehouse
ORDER BY
	SED_START.idx ASC

Basically, it finds batches with quantities when starting work order. Then subtracts manufactured quantities from the batches.