Attribute Value Reviewing tools

Hi,
As we are starting to have a really large number of Item Attribute (and related Values/Abreviations), i started trying to make a small search tools to easily reviewed the values/abreviation based on the selection of the item attribute.
I created a new doc type in which i put a link field to Item Attribute (that works fine) but when i tried to use the add fetch to fill the attribute vale and abbreviation fields nothing happens. I believe that is because the item attribute value doc type in a child table.
I started looking in the Client Side Scripting Index to use frappe.ui.form.on, but i am getting completely lost , most probably because it a Child table (i am not an experienced developer/programmer)…
Any idea how i could proceed to set up this little review tool ?
Thanks in advance for your time

Hi,

Did you try Global Search? To make specific field searchable from the search bar, you should check “In Global Search” for it from Customize Form.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply but it seem we cannot modify the Item Attribute Value doctype since we are suscriber.

So We created a new doctype similar to Item Attribute (Code Tables) with it’s child table (Code Table Values) ← only has 2 parameters (code and description)
What we are trying to achieve is:
Upon selection of a Code Table (through Link field to Code Tables) within a DocType to be able to select either a code and it’s description and vice versa.

Any lead on how we could do this ?

Still no clue on how to do this …

For those how might be interested to help on this, we are actually customizing for Healthcare Clinics as per International Medical Codification. We are trying to built a tool that will allow any practitioner to select either the code or the termlinology as per the List of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) / Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Codes (Code List).

We are also working on customization of patient files and practionner’s Medical Report / Prescription.

Thank you for your reply but it seem we cannot modify the Item Attribute Value doctype since we are suscriber.

Hosted users can also add standard fields in the Global Search. It worked just fine in my test account as well.