Automatic Template needs updating

Hope this is the right place to Post, thought of adding as BUG, but then decided it’s probably not a bug, so I will request.

I’m in South Africa - might be the first S.A. installer, cannot find anyone else here, but I have a life long experience with ERP systems, SAP, Syspro, etc, and I am testing and LOVING this.

A - Running Production version from Master branch (Bench and ERPNext)
If in the initial setup Wizard I pick “South Africa” (as opposed to India or USA) then the setup hangs when clicking Next at step 5. (i.e. step 6 never shows up) and I can’t find anything in any log to report here. IF I reset the page, the wizard starts at step 1 again. Evil circle.

I have seen previous queries about this with the usual advice “pls do bench update” etc. Doesn’t solve it, and I don’t see any solutions. I feel it’s a bug in the initiation script probably. I found a workaround by creating a USA company, and then once logged in, a new company from SA, then removing the USA company, but the de-linking from the front page and mailers etc is such a chore. Would be nice if the Wizard setup worked.

B - The South African VAT is at 15% since March last year already, not 14% as is still the default loaded for a SA company. Kindly update this for Master branch.

Lastly congrats on getting the default S.A. decimal separator correct as “.” (Period), even Microsoft still fails at that. Great work people. I’m going to source many cloud clients. :slight_smile:

Funny enough, there is hardly any South Africans using ERPNext. We have built a few things around it with integrations and busy working on customs apps within it. However its been an issue for a while regarding South Africa, still is till this day.

There is a problem with the Chart of accounts for South Afriica.

To get around this, choose Botswana as the country during the installation, then change it afterwards to South Africa.

If you fail the installation, just reload the previous step. You may have to do this repeatedly if required.

PS: I am from South Africa too, and have made some minor customization, including a custom script report for Client Statements. Make contact.

South African User group, anyone?

Would be good to setup an SA user group.