Aws Lambda deployment

Hi,
I am exploring ways to deploy frappe in aws lambda, in this regard I am coming across following doubts and issues. If anyone has knowledge please do help me.

1. What is the purpose of Node.js in production
  2. Can we run frappe serverless by making use of WSGI
    3.Is there any possibility for making use of external async system other than celery, which is being used in frappe
3 Likes

Socketio

Frappe is based on WSGI. What do you mean by serverless ?

Frappe 7+ uses Python RQ

1 Like

I mean, using serverless architecture such as AWS lambda @rmehta

iow this Using AWS Lambda with other services - AWS Lambda

Two questions nandeep - which service here and what use case ‘problem’ have you in mind to solve?

I thought of using following service, so that we can deploy our entire application in lambda and make it serverless, make it scalable
On-demand Lambda function invocation over HTTPS (Amazon API Gateway)

2 Likes

Really interested in this also. It would be really great to see this become a popular deployment setup.

For small businesses, managing and maintaining our own servers really adds a lot of overhead. Would be really nice to not have to keep migrating into newer servers for reasons like need of more storage space, compute capacity, or aging OS and server software… focus on more important stuff instead, like developing/customizing the erp itself.

agree here
@nandeep you could

• swap out node/Socketio to use the websocket feature of cloudfront → api-gateway
  • swithch Python RQ to aws SQS
  • run mariadb managed using aws RDS
  • redis is also available via ElastiCache

Then you simply setup all services above in a secure VPC

In case you have service integrations with incoming connections you can utilize CloudFront as a proxy to open up that specific endpoint (uri) → raw or via api-gateway, kong or similar → erpnext

Any developments on this?
Have any one deployed frappe on AWS Lambda?