Backup failed for for RDS(AWS) Database

We have installed the ERPNEXT on AWS infrastructure with EC2 and RDS.

site is working fine with remote DB but when we do bench update or bench backup we are getting a Backup failed massage, please help me to fix the issue.

“Backup failed for Site my.site. Database or site_config.json may be corrupted”

I don’t know if this related, but for sure I’m interested to do the same.
Can you please share how you change the MariaDB configuration in the RDS:

[mysqld]
innodb-file-format=barracuda
innodb-file-per-table=1
innodb-large-prefix=1
character-set-client-handshake = FALSE
character-set-server = utf8mb4
collation-server = utf8mb4_unicode_ci

[mysql]
default-character-set = utf8mb4

Anyway, have you checked the site_config.json for any anomalies?
Apologize if my post doesn’t help.

Thanks for the reply, I have checked and configured the site_config.json file and had no luck.

MariaDB configuration in the RDS

You can create new Parameter groups in RDS and set the required parameter as you need.

Thanks for this. I know by creating a custom parameter groups. But how to add new parameters? Because all I have is that orange Edit parameters button. And the existing parameters are none the required ones.

Do you get scheduled backup or is that also failing. I have 1 server on AWS EC2 but I don’t face similar situation.

I have 1 EC2 for ERPNext and another 1 for MariaDB. With this arrangement I also have no issue (just like with usual VPS).
I’d like to try the RDS but still can’t find the way to change the parameter group.

I have configured only character_set_server, collation_server parameter values it worked for me.

EC2 and MariaDB RDS are 2 different servers if we install DB and APP on the same saver it works fine.

The issue is with remote DB.

As you can see here in my post, remote with both in EC2 is also ok.
So it might be the RDS. Maybe related to the paramater groups?