Backup Restore Migration fails

Hello,

After messing up my Ubuntu 20.4 server with ERPNext v13 and trying to reinstall at least 4 times from scratch I’ve managed to get a complete new Ubuntu 22.04 with ERPNext v14 running.

I’ve also managed to restore the database and public and private files from the original v13. But I can’t migrate. The migration (bench --site [sitename] migrate) stops at a certain point with the following:

frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Track Service Level Agreement is not enabled in Support Settings

This was exactly the case in our original setup, but it seams to break the migration.

Can anyone help me on this?

Ideally upgrading from 13 to 14 in place is best practice. You could try switching to branch 13, then restore and migrate. There’s also a --skip-failing option to bench migrate, worth a try I suppose.

1 Like

Thank you @smino - The --skip-failing option got me thru the migration and I’m up and running in v14 from a v13 full back-up.

The only issue I had was that the workers where not automatically started so emails where not send or received. After a manual start with sudo supervisorctl restart all our ERP seems to work like before…