Bank Clearance Issue

Hy,

I have performed a payment entry against invoice and some amount is deducted in form of Bank Charges, Bank Clearance does not fetch entry to clear date. Thus BRS is not being tally/performed. I am using V15.



any update about this?

Hy update pls.

is there any bug or am I doing some mistake?

Hi dear @Jeel could you help to fixit?


Here You Can Check … the Getting Payment entries

Your workflow is a bit different than mine. I’ve never used Bank Clearance (thought that was just for changing the dates, but I could definitely be wrong about that).

When reconciling Bank Transactions and Payments, I’ve always used the Bank Reconciliation Tool. Does that give you better results?

Hi @peterg

Bank Clearance is used to update the clearance date for bank transactions, while the Bank Reconciliation Tool is more efficient for reconciling bank transactions with payments. If you’re already using the Bank Reconciliation Tool, it should give better results for matching transactions and payments accurately.

@Smit-Bhaliya Kindly perform this scenario. (where some amount is deducted in form of bank charges or Exchange gain/loss entry is performed)

When using bank reconcilation tool, it can create bank entries when matching existing transactions or creating new. It seem sometimes this updates the clearance_date in Bank Clearance and sometimes it does not.

Does anyone know the ryme or reason when it does vs when it does not.

It seems to me, when Bank Clearance is not complete, the balance shown in Bank Reconcilation is not accurate.

The clearance date is set once a voucher is matched/reconciled completely - that is - there’s no amount left to reconcile.

A payment entry worth $1000 could be reconciled against two bank transactions of $300 and $700 each. If only the first bank transaction is linked, the payment entry isn’t completely cleared and hence the clearance date is not set. Are you reconciling transactions partially and hence the clearance date is not set?

This happens with a 1:1 relation of payment entry to bank transaction. Sometimes when matching a bank transaction in Bank Reconciliation, it populates the clearance_date in Bank Clearance doctype and sometimes it does not. These are invoice payments that are paid in full with a single payment entry.

I will have to pay closer attention to when or why. I was hoping someone else could confirm the behavior.

Bank Clearance pulls the “clearance_date” from the Payment Entry doctype. The clearance date should be set when a payment entry is reconciled with a bank transaction. Can you check the reference date/posting date in payment entry and the transaction date in bank transaction? If the bank transaction date is before the payment entry date, the clearance date might not be set.

I’m still struggling to find the issue here.

When I use Bank Reconciliation to match a Journal Entry, it creates a Bank Entry. Yet sometimes neither bank account shows the entry with a clearance date in Bank Clearance. I think this behavior happens most of the time when two bank accounts are involved (transfers between accounts).

How can I have a Bank Entry (marked as reconciled), linked to a Journal Entry while neither transaction is marked as cleared in Bank Clearance?

I’ve noticed when I set the clearance date in either of the two bank accounts, it sets the clearance date for both bank accounts.

So for transfers, the clearance date is only sent once the voucher (Payment Entry/Journal Entry) is matched with both bank transactions (deposit in Bank A and withdrawal in Bank B). You can always force clear it using the Bank Clearance tool - but I never use that tool.

Also curious to know @volkswagner - did you try the new banking module in ERPNext v16 yet? It has automatic transfer matching :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the heads up @nikkothari22

If Frappe ever fixes the navigation abomination in V16 I may upgrade. For now, I can’t use V16 when things take six clicks vs one or two. If they don’t fix it, I think there are some good work arounds like the slimfixed side bar.

Yep, we’ve already fixed that on the develop branch. Essentially a slim sidebar to pick the module (similar to Raven v2 web). It’s not been backported yet - we don’t know if we should backport it because it might look like a breaking change for some users, but the experience is definitely much better.

For v15, you can use Mint. It has almost the same features.