Bank Reconciliation

As per the screenshot below, the figure of 8400.31 being “Amounts not reflected in system” doesn’t seem to be quite clear. I have no idea how the figure is generated by the system. What is it? What is the algorithm for account reconciliation in ERPNext? Thanks

System Balance: The balance as per booking made in the ERP system, this balance only considers posting date.

Amounts not reflected in the Bank: This considers entries where posting date is less than report date but cheque is not cleared on the report date as per entries in the system.

Amounts not reflected in the System: This balance considers entries where posting date is after report date but cheque clearance date is before report date as per system.

Bank Balance: This balance should match with the amount in actual bank statement from your bank.

This is calculated in the report based on the following formulae:

Bank Balance = System balance - Amounts not reflected in the Bank + Amounts not reflected in the System

1 Like

That’s the problem. All entries in the system are before report date.
I’ve no such situation as per the explanation for the “Amounts not
reflected in system”.

@nabinhait just to understand the logic. If there is a cheque posted in April and gets cleared in May. If I want to check the reconciliation report of the bank in December upto from 1st-April to 30th April, what will Amount not reflected in the Bank show?

-Amit

The cheque amount will be added to the amount not reflected in the Bank, if you select 30th April as filter. As on the 30th April, the cheque is not cleared in the bank.

@nabinhait it is not happening. The Amount not reflected in the Bank shows 0.

-Amit

Pushed a fix yesterday, pull the latest update

The fix is not released yet, it is in develop branch

@nabinhait Thanks for the update

-Amit