Barcode scan error

Hello ERP next team,
We Have been deploying ERP next in our company that We have partnered with one of your silver partners for the implementation of the project. There was a customization in the stock entry and delivery process from our side. We use Barcode print with a batch id for our final products and our delivery process is done by scanning multiple product barcode with our wifi enabled barcode scanner gun And pointing the gun in the scan barcode area in erp next , and one by one we get all the barcode products with there details in the delivery note, This customization is already been delayed by 4 months, Our partner for the implementation of project says its a bug my erp next because they are using fifo based delivery (fifo based delivery is not suitable for our industry),Its been a month since we are getting the same reason, So now I am posting this on discussion forum, I hope here I may get a closure on this issue.Please make fifo based delivery optional (not every industry needs it). And please help us with our delivery process of scanning multiple barcode products with the gun and then make delivery against the scanned items.
@umair sir, please look after this, Our project is already delayed, We need to move ahead

Your post did not really detail exactly what the problem is or how it’s symptoms show themselves. You only indicate that your developer team tells you that the problem is a bug in ERPNext.

That is not sufficient information for anyone in the community to be able to offer any assistance.

If the problem is that your developer team cannot complete their work, then maybe you should have them post here on the forum about the issues they face with the work. It is possible that another user here may have worked past a similar issue and may have additional information that could help your developer team.

If you really just want @umair to assist your effort, then you should probably just use the private message utility to contact him directly.

BKM

2 Likes

FIFO is optional, you can choose moving average as an alternative. Item Valuation Setup and Transactions

I haven’t seen any issues with barcode scanning in the latest version 13.12.1.

What is there problem with barcode scanning that you’ve encountered?

hello sir,
When we Bring multiple scanned item in the barcode reader gun and put cursor over the scan barcode column in the delivery note, The screen flash some error “cannot find this batch item”,but it works when we bring scanned items one by one.

hello sir,
Can you just tell me, is it possible in ERP next, If we scan multiple items (having a barcode and batch no.) in a barcode scan gun and then, getting delivery of those items by Pointing the gun cursor on the scan barcode column present in the delivery note, it is working fine if the gun scan single item at a time, but it won’t work in our line of business.

I am the original contributor of this barcode scan feature, to be frank I am not quite clear what you mean scan multiple items, would you mind to provide a detailed use case with sample data by which I can reproduce, only after I can fully understand the problem, there is chance I can offer the help needed.

I fully agree with @bkm, clear enough detailed issue description is key to get needed help, I know it is not easy, but it is definitely worth doing this.

HELLO SIR,
I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN, YOU IN DETAILS AND ALSO WILL POST SOME PICTURES FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING, GENERALLY WE PRODUCE OUR FINISHED ITEM IN BATCHES, EACH ITEM HAS A UNIQUE BATCH ID (AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED BY ERP)AND BARCODE, I HAVE POSTED A PICTURE OF OUR STOCK ITEMS STICKER.
NOW THE DELIVERY PART OF OUR INDUSTRY,
GENERALLY WHAT WE DO IS WE SCAN ALL THE BARCODE WHICH WE NEEDS TO DELIVER, WE SCAN THEM IN OUR BARCODE GUN , AND AFTER THAT WE BRING THE GUN AND ATTACH IT TO SYSTEM AND THEN WE GO TO DELIVERY LIST OF ERP NEXT SOFTWARE AND THERE WHERE THERE IS SCAN BARCODE WE PUT THE CURSOR AND CLICK THE BARCODE SCANNED GUN AND THERE WE GET ALL THE ITEMS WITH THERE DETAILS AS SHOWN, BUT THE SCAN BARCODE WORKS FINE WHEN WE BRING ITEM ONE BY ONE, BUT IF WE BRING 20 ITEMS SCANNED AND TRY TO DELIVER THEM , SCAN BARCODE SHOWS SOME ERROR. IS IT DEFAULT IN ERP NEXT THAT ITEM SHOULD BE SCANNED ONE BY ONE OR WE CAN SCAN ITEMS IN BULK AND THEN DELIVER IT. .

-THIS OUR BARCODE STICKER
-THIS IS THE DELIVERY PART SCREEN SHOT

yes, per design the scan barcode feature only supports scan one by one at the moment, with the above explanation I understand your use case now, can you help to provide the full text content of the 20 items scanned, for program to process multi barcodes in a long string, it is needed to know which separator is used between each individual barcode. (if the barcode field is auto cleared and you can not get the text, please scan to any other text editor like notepad to get the text)

2 Likes

ok sir will try to scan those items and bring them into notepad and bring it to you.

this are some batches when I get when i click the barcode gun on the notepad.

it seems line break is used as separator, any chance to change the gun’s setting to use another separator such as ;? base on the special separator, the program can loop through barcode list and call the function to handle barcode one by one.

draft idea how to enhance the current barcode scan to support such multiple barcodes

1. change scan barcode field to text field which support line break
  2. extract scanned text, split by separator into list of individual barcodes
  3. change the current scan barcode function to accept input barcode as parameter(priority over the value from the scanbarcode field)
  4. generate array of function call to scan barcode for each individual barcode
  5. call to frappe.run_serially and pass the function array.