lyf
September 13, 2023, 1:17pm
1
Hello,
I am unable to fetch employee check-in.
ping
python3 erpnext_sync.py - service running…
But nothing is here after refresh
Employee Created
Attendance Device ID (Biometric/RF tag ID) set.
Screenshot of local_config.py
May I know from where we can get the value of device_id and shift_type_name in local_config.py.
These values should be set in ERPNextor Machine.
What I am missing?
Please check the error file inside logs.
lyf
September 15, 2023, 1:08pm
4
Please check the error.log
May I know from where I can get this device id and shift_type_name?
If I have only one machine, so can I remove the second line for machine_2 in devices.
bahaou
September 15, 2023, 1:13pm
5
@lyf yes remove the second device , it’s causing ping problems .
lyf
September 15, 2023, 1:58pm
6
After removing second device…
Getting below error
when doing ping…
Is there any issue related to device name ???
or any setting I am missing in biometric device
bahaou
September 15, 2023, 2:01pm
7
@lyf are you doing the ping in the same terminal the code is running ?
lyf
September 15, 2023, 2:10pm
8
No, I am doing PING from Command Prompt, and my ERPNext site is hosted on VPS.
Biometric Device is connected through LAN Cable to my router.
bahaou
September 15, 2023, 2:19pm
9
@lyf ok the erpnext is hosted . you are doing ping from your local computer . where is the code running ? the erpnext_sync code where is it running ?
lyf
September 16, 2023, 5:46am
10
erpnext_sync.py is running inside
/frappe-bench/biometric-attendance-sync-tool-1.0
Please check this SS
bahaou
September 18, 2023, 8:05am
11
@lyf the code should be running in your local computer , a computer that is connected to the same network your biometric device is
so did it work for you by running the script on the local computer yet erp is on vps
No.
A script needs to be installed on a computer that is on the same LAN network as the biometric device (i.e. Customer’s PC). This script pulls biometric logs and pushes it to ERPNext at regular intervals.
Please take a look at the Note on Biometric Integration in ERPNext
Thanks.
did you use the gui or cli?
by any means did you use the file push_to_erpnext.py
No.
I followed the steps mentioned here.
Also got the help form this video.