Biometric Attendance Sync Tool

Thank you so much, it worked for me.

@erpadmin_pspl please if you dont mind explane us how it to work with you?
Thanks

@flexy2ky thank you very mutch for your attention and i will try in other way and share error file :pray:

Hello @flexy2ky
This is the error i get:
This executable doesn’t have pythonXX.dll and/or pywintypesXX.dll in the same
directory. This is likely to fail when used in the context of a service.

The exact environment needed will depend on which user runs the service and
where Python is installed. If the service fails to run, this will be why.

@Ahmed1 All i did is to run the command python erpnext_sync.py.

I like your design. And am willing to test this and enhance if required. Is this app available on github? Can we try this?

Hello Sahil
I would like to test this too. Did you published it in github?

Thanks

Is your issue resolved now?

me also have the same issue to register as a win service

you can use below command to run the program from win cmd
python -c "from erpnext_sync import infinite_loop; infinite_loop()"

or start the program thorugh the gui

@nextgen Thanks its work fine now with me. But whene check result by “Employee Checkin” i have got all results status “IN” Whether it is inside period or outside period .Note that the working hours have been set

Item 3 is perfect!

1 Like

@Fredericky_Chipampwe Check your api key and secret. It may have changed

Has anyone been able to get the sync running on ubuntu as a systemd service? I have it set up and running using systemd but the sync process is not triggered even though everything seems to have been done right. Manual sync works as intended. Would appreciate any help here.

Yes, I am firing with the systemd service, did you download files from the master branch? I found out that it doesn’t work with master, it works with github released version 1.0.

Also, make sure your service file looks like this
/lib/systemd/system/<service-name>.service

[Unit]
Description=ZKTeco Biometric Device to ERPNext Sync
After=multi-user.target
Conflicts=getty@tty1.service

[Service]
User=mknext
WorkingDirectory=/path/to/biometric-attendance-sync-tool/ 
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /path/to/biometric-attendance-sync-tool/erpnext_sync.py
StandardInput=tty-force

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
1 Like

@hiimkhaled Thanks for the insight. However, i checked the repo and only Master branch exists. Is there another repo apart from the one below?

also.

Which user did you specify here?

Appreciate your help on this.

UPDATE: So as it turns out, it does work on the master branch. What was missing from my service file was specifying the User and WorkingDirectory under the [Service] parameters. Lastly, I had to use the python3 within the virtualenv (venv/bin) directory instead of /usr/bin/python3 for ExecStart.

1 Like

Hello Again,
You may try downloading the source from here

The mentioned user is frappe-bench directory owner.

Thanks for the help. I got it working now.

we are using biometric-attendance-sync-tool-v1.0-win64. While connecting ESSL device in Employee Checkin log Type inserting “IN” only , “OUT” log Type not inserting. In Config File punch_direction set as “AUTO”.
What will be the reason . Is any thing to be set in config file.
Please help.

Hi
Is any update on this. Please reply.

@benjaminrosary, you should check your biometric device to configure punches as IN or OUT. Most machines always take punches as IN by default. Probably contact your biometric vendor to set this up in your device.

Also, if it is not feasible to set this up on your devices, you should probably check this documentation out.