BOM cost configuration not reading pricelist

I am creating a very simple item which has a BOM.
I update the “Standard Buying” pricelist with the latest purchase price for the stockItemXX to add to the BOM (bought @ say ZAR200/kg) with date range From:sept 2023.
I create a new-BOM and add a row for 1kg of stockItemXX .
It finds the previous pricelist value instead of the latest one.

I went into the pricelist - the dates for the old price were from 2020-08-01 → (no End date), so I added an enddate of 25 sept 2023, and then added a startDate of 26-sept-2023 ->(noEnd date), but it insists that the old one be used.

• I have tried a reload/refresh
  • I have tried deleting and recreating the BOM

Is it possible to “force” it to use the latest price and not the old one?

ERPNext: v14.61.1 (version-14)
Frappe Framework: v14.63.0 (version-14)

Hi @trentmu,

Here Version:

ERPNext: v14.61.1 (version-14)
Frappe Framework: v14.63.0 (version-14)
Frappe HR: v14.21.3 (version-14)
India Compliance: v14.23.1 (version-14)

It’s worked properly from our side.

please check it.

Try to click on the Update Cost Button in BOM. Maybe it will solve it.

I hope this helps.

Thank You!

Thanks @NCP - I did try the “Update cost” button, but it responds with “No changes”.
I have also done a bench update --reset just to make sure that the schemas are sync’d etc, but the problem is still showing up.
I have been meaning to upgrade to v15…specifically because (if I understand correctly) there have been many changes to the manufacturing subsystem…do you think this may help?

Hmm :thinking:,

If there are no customizations applied on the Bill of Materials (BOM) side or Manufacturing side, it should function properly.

Alternatively, you can try a different approach. Delete both the Item Price entries and proceed to create a new Item Price. Afterward, verify its compatibility with the new Bill of Materials (BOM).

Thank You!

1 Like

Thanks - that worked.
Kinda obvious in hindsite…if there was only one price then it can only find that - but thank you for the solution.

Just to confirm…would you advise the v15 upgrade?

1 Like