I’m using ERPNext on the Frappe cloud (ERPNext v12.10.1, Frappe Framework v12.8.1). The company shows that it was created by “Administrator”, and I’m the only user on ERPNext right now, and my user ID has full admin rights. But when I try to delete company transactions, I get the error message, “Transactions can only be deleted by the creator of the Company”. (screenshot linked below)
Can someone please help fix this glitch? Thanks!
that’s not a bug, there is actually a Frappe administrator and you have to log in as this user, not your own account. The username is “Administrator” and the password is the one you chose while installing ERPNext.
Hope this helps you!
Oh, wow. Thank you, you’re right. For others who face this problem, here’s how to delete company transactions (this is only for ERPNext running on the Frappe cloud):
- Login to your Frappe Cloud account at Frappe Cloud
- Click on the Site with the instance of ERPNext that contains the company for which you want to delete transactions.
- Click on the ‘General’ tab, scroll down to the bottom, and click ‘Login as Administrator’.
- You should now be logged in to ERPNext for the relevant company, with the Administrator user ID.
- Go to ‘My Settings’ from the Settings menu on the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down to the ‘Change Password’ section and set a new password. If you don’t set a password, it’s going error out on the final step.
- Now go to ‘Company List’ and choose the relevant Company. Scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Delete Company Transactions’. You’ll be prompted to enter the password that you just set, and then the company name.
After that, it should work. Thanks again to @P-Froggy for the tip.