BUG: V12 Router Operation gets deleted on first use with BOM

I am having a strange issue, if anybody is also experiencing this?

I create a route with operations, and use it inside a BOM. The BOM does its job perfectly taking all operations. But on the second BOM I want to use the same route, I doesn’t get anything. Then going back into Routes, I notice that all the operations I created have now disappeared.

So it seems that loading Routes into BOM deletes all operations from further use.

Anyone exp this? And any solution in sight?

Yes. I confirm. I am experiencing the exact same issue. Once a route is applied to a BOM it removes the operations from the route. Almost like it cuts and pastes the data. When you go to apply the route to a second BOM it will appear empty as the operations have already been removed.

Whatever hard details you can give to define and replicate this would expedite a fix -

What version did you first note this?

I have only been using 12.x.x-develop, so I don’t know if it works or not on other versions. Steps are the following to replicate.

1. Manufacturing/Routing/Create a new route with multiple operations
  2. Save
  3. Manufacturing/BOM/Open or Create a BOM
  4. Check ‘With Operations’
  5. Populate ‘Transfer Material Against’
  6. Populate ‘Routing’ with Route created in step 1.
  7. Operations section will then be populated.
  8. Save
  9. Manufacturing/Routing/Open Route used in BOM
  10. Route now shows no operations. It’s like it cuts the operations from Route instead of copying.

Thank you! Bug reported here once applied, a BOM Operations list for a Routing disappears - the list specified earlier is gone rather than repopulated? · Issue #19353 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

great!

Note this similar report Routing table not updating

Yes, it looks like similar.
I have created below issue, kindly suggest should I close it or let it open until get fixed?
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/18878

My vote is both stay open, they may not be the same bug. Whoever fixes one can then test the other one, to see whether that fixes the pair.

1 Like

I also experiencing the exact same issue. i am using versions below

ERPNext: v11.1.46 (master)

Frappe Framework: v11.1.41 (master)

Any updates?

Apparently unresolved Routing Document becomes blank

Frappe notes this so upvote the issue [Tutorial] How to upvote Github issues for non developers

Same issue here. Up-voted on GitHub.

Screenshot_2020-05-28_07-30-31