Bugs in Quill forces me to search for a new way to create About Us page

Hello Frappe community

I’m creating an About Us web page using the Website > About Us Settings DocType to define the page. Both the Company Introduction and Footer sections use the Quill Rich Text editor, however the Table capability is riddled with bugs. For example, you cannot insert a Column to the Right without the entire Table structure being altered. This bug has been reported many years ago in 2018 : Significant Quill WYSIWYG Editor problems (v11)

I cannot wait for a fix, hence my question is the following:
How can I create a web page management capability so that end-users can modify and edit their About Us page themselves. Precisely as is done in About Us Settings, but with an editor without the bugs.

Options to consider
1 Customise the About Us Settings DocType and change the Company Introduction and Footer docfields to be of type HTML Editor. This will use the Ace editor rather than Quill. Will this actually work? Is it upgrade safe? Would I have to export fixtures or import data to re-apply my changes after each bench update?
2 Should I create a custom app with a custom About Us page persisted to the File System so it forms part of the built-in code of the custom app. The problem with this approach is that I’d have to also create a custom DocType to manage the generation of the final page to be served.

Please let me have your thoughts and alternatives at solving this issue
Thanks so much

Would anyone else prefer an option to select amongst 3 Editors, as is done in the Blog Post > Content field. Here the user can choose amongst a Rich Text, Markdown or HTML editor. Should the Quill editor (used for Rich Text) be full of bugs, then at least the user has the option to provide the content using the Ace editor (used for both Markdown or HTML).

Without such an option in the About Us page, we are stuck with no alternative to provide the Company Introduction and Footer, and have to resort to the workarounds I proposed above.

What are your thoughts?