Buyer and supplier company in the same erpnext instance

I’m lead to believe that I can create two companies within the same erpnext instance. One is Company A, the other Company B. Company B is a supplier to Company A. And that they can interact with each other.

1. Can Company A see the stock of Company B? How do I do that as referenced here:
    Dropship From Supplier - What is the basic flow? - #2 by umair

You can add another Company in your ERPNext account for your supplier. But to get real-time stock update in supplier’s warehouse, supplier must use Stock module of ERPNext, and ensure all stock movement, sales and purchase is punched into ERPNext as well.

1. Can Company A create a Purchase order to Company B, where Company B “imports” automatically the Purchase order and coverts it to a Sales Order in Company B? How do I do that?

Thank you.

Hello,

Inline replies below.

Can Company A see the stock of Company B?

If both the companies are managed in the same ERPNext account, and if user has permission to access Warehouses for both the companies, then it will be possible. To restrict User from accessing Warehouse details of another Company, you will have to apply User Restriction.

Can Company A create a Purchase order to Company B, where Company B
“imports” automatically the Purchase order and coverts it to a Sales
Order in Company B? How do I do that?

This feature is not available out-of-the-box. Would you be interested in sponsoring for the development of this feature?

https://erpnext.com/pricing/paid-feature-development

Is there a way I can easily export the purchase order to email to the supplier so that he can import it as a sales order?

@umair how much do you think such a development would cost?

You can use Data Import Tool for export all the Purchase Order in the importable format. Using most of the data from that format, another party can have Sales Orders imported in their ERPNext account. This is work provided most of the masters, like Items, Item Groups, Taxes etc. are configured same way in both the accounts.

@umair is that really a functional workaround? Would I have to export ALL the purchase orders? Or can it handle active purchase orders? or date based purchase orders?

Sorry as currently there is no work-around available for this feature.