Calculation Leave Without Pay in Salary Slip

Hello everyone

How to Calculation Leave Without Pay in Salary Slip
for example:
payment days = 26
working days 28
leave without pay = 2
But when i create salary slip not found amout for leave without pay.

can anyone reply i m facing the same issue
i have applied LWP for a particular employee but when creating salary full month salary is being created is there any issue in creating salary structure for that employee, I have missed some thing to add

@Ismael.Yahya
Hi,

There are 2 aspects that you need to keep in mind for LWF, 1 is the attendance and 2 is leave application.

1. Check whether you have updated the attendance of that employee. If he has been marked absent (let say for 2 days) then payment days considering June month would be 28 days (30 - 2). If you have checked “Depends on payment days”, then it will calculate salary as per payment days i.e. 28 days.

2. In case of leave application, if a specific leave type is checked “Leave without pay” then an employee applying for that leave will not be paid and while generating salary slip those days (for which the leaves have been applied) will be marked as “LWF”. In other words, payment days would reduce and salary would be processed for only those days.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Reema

Hi @Reema_Mehta
this is really good explaination. but in my case the salary is fixed and payment will be only deducted from LWP leave application and i want deduction like
if total salary is 30k and LWP is 5 then deduction component should be of 5k in salary slip and total payable salary would be 25k.
can you suggest best way to achieve this?

thanks
surajkumar

Do you have only 1 earning salary component? In that case set the component as “Depends on Payment Days”. If you have multiple components as earnings, all the components that have the “Depends on Payment Days” checkbox checked will be deducted as per the no. of leaves taken.

As of now, the salary deducted in the earnings because of LWP (5k) won’t be shown as a separate component in the deductions table. It will simply be deducted and shown less in the earnings table.

Hope this helps.

thank you @michelle
I have all component with fixed amount except basic.so is there any way i can put some formula in deduction component which could be like
deduction ammount = (base/30) * total LWP

You can use the fieldname from the form in the conditions or formula fields of the salary component

@Ebuka_Joseph_Akeru
could it be
base/30*leave_without_days
for deduction component

2 Likes

more like base/30* leave_without_pay to use the number of absent days taken without pay
base/30*payment_days to use the number of payment days for the month

1 Like

Hello @Ebuka_Joseph_Akeru

Can this suggestion be applied in this case scenario.

An employee applied for a leave called “study leave” which is a leave without pay for the month of july.

After assigning salary structure assignment to all staff for the month of July on a Salary Structure using employee grade as a filter.

We proceed by making a payroll entry; we expect that his net pay should be zero on his salary slip because of the study leave for that month.

Sure, but ensure the components in his salary slip all have the “Depends on Payment Days” checked and his payroll is validating attendance

1 Like