Can ERPNext do transfers of stocks between two companies or branches

Can ERPNext do transfers of stocks between two companies or branches have been checking on forums but cant find that solution

Continuing the discussion from Can ERPNext do transfers of stocks between two companies or branches:

I think it possible using branch.
You have to create parent warehouses named after your company’s branch and then child store under each branch.

by store you mean warehouses ? because from what l have seen branches are only linked to employees only and not any financial report or any warehouse

Yes that right. I mean warehouse

But still erpnext doesnt support branches instead in Erpnext there are cost centres however u can’t do transfers between cost centres but only between warehouses. And you can’t do Transfers between companies

This is a little tweak that could solve your issue.

Say You have a company called xyz and on your branch list you have x, y, z which is tied to an employee correct.
You mentioned something about financial report so it’s best to begin this tweak from accounting.

Go to chart of account -current asset- stock asset- .
Add three child Under stock asset with account type stock called stock in x, stock in y, stock in z

To achieve stock transfer between branches, simply go to stock- ware house and create three child warehouses named store x, store y, store z
(The idea here is to have each warehouse named after your list of branches in Hr)

Next is edit each of the above created store and select its respective stock account created earlier ie stock in x, stock in y, stock in z

Now you can do material transfer between warehouses named after your branches and the corresponding values can be reported on your chart of account.

let me look into it and try to put it into practice
and see the logic

1 Like

Are we able to make stock transfer between companies !!

NO we cannot but what you cant do is to create sub companies as Cost Centers and also create warehouses then you will do transfers between warehouses and when you are doing transactions each transaction will be under each cost Centre like sales , purchases , expenses , journals , payments even financial reports you will also report by profit centres