Can I make changes to payment entries without cancelling?

HI, is it possible to make changes to an already submitted payment entry without cancelling it?

@mikhala.reid the simple answer is “depends!”

Since the journal entry is tight to accounting, things like accounts, amounts, party or references can’t be changed without cancel, otherwise you will have an different information on the record and on the accounting and it’s really, really bad for business in general!

If you detail more, what do you wanna change, may someone can help you!

Thank you for your reply! I specifically wanted to change the date, but having this insight I see why it may not be possible. Thank you again.

1 Like