Can I put multiple currencies into one account on ERPnext?

hello , I am facing a problem ,I was told to put multiple currencies(probably just two currencies) in one account instead of making a new account and link it to the parent account , so that when I make journal entry I can specify in which currency would the customer want to make their payment .
So please help me … Is there a way to do this like (customizing or on client scripting) or is it impossible to do so ?

thanks in advance.

Currently, ERPNext doesn’t support adding multiple currencies to the same account. You can only assign one currency to an account at a time.

1 Like

On the same note, does anybody have any idea how to transact with a supplier in multiple currencies?

Create currency wise supplier :
Supplier A (USD)
Supplier A (GBP)

These articles might help you:

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/accounts/multi-currency-accounting

1 Like

I don’t see any point here as this creates many mıore issues:

• you cannot define 2 suppliers with same Tax ID
  • how can you consolidate this into a single company? Maybe setting a group for the company and creating separate accounts in terms of currencies under this group? What if this is not allowed?

Apart from this, I don’t see any feasible option currently available in ERPNext for this requirement.

In ideal scenario, billing currency should be one, but you can receive or make payment in different currency. This is the approach which most of the clients follow.

This will be an amazing feature. We migrated a client from another ERP system because of the amazing features of ERPNext, only for us to run into this issue which they are used to in the former software.

@Sirjames

Check if “Allow multi-currency invoices against single party account” is what would enable what your client is looking for.

It’s a checkbox in Accounting => Accounting Settings => Invoice and Billing=> Invoicing Features. The description says: Enabling this will allow creation of multi-currency invoices against single party account in company currency.

Can’t tell if that’s available in all versions, but version 15 has it.

But I could not tell, if that is what you are looking for. I’m new to ERPNext and exploring it myself.

@ste_885932BDX

Thank you for your comment. Actually, the “Allow multi-currency invoices against single party account” applies to customer accounts.

My request seeks to extend same to nominal accounts added in the charts of accounts too.

You may wish to consider use of child accounts with different currencies - and a group header account in the company currency - which is used for reporting purposes. Effectively allowing you to accomplish multi currency transactions with same group account. Have not tried this myself - so dont know if supported.