Can I Use Amazon Web Services With Frappe Python?

Hi,
I want to use amazon web services in frappe erpnext.I dont know it is possible or not,plz help me for same…

try this video: ERPNext Installation on AWS - YouTube

Please free to use your favourite search engine before posting here.

1 Like

I am not trying to install erpnext in aws,i am trying to use the services of aws by using boto3 sdk provided by aws which is working fine if i try from python command line interface,but gives error when i use import in one of my .py file as boto3 module is undefind., thanx in advance

You will install boto3 in virtual env of your bench. Try doing following,

./env/bin/pip install boto3 within your bench folder to make the module available to frappe. As well as add boto3 to requirements.txt in apps/frappe.

Hope this helps you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Shreyasp, when i tried to install boto3 at the given location i got the below message.

Also i have added boto3 in the requirements.txt as mentioned by you.

but still getting the same error message, below is the Traceback

Traceback (innermost last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 57, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 806, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/load.py”, line 64, in getdoctype
docs = get_meta_bundle(doctype)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/load.py”, line 74, in get_meta_bundle
bundle = [frappe.desk.form.meta.get_meta(doctype)]
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/meta.py”, line 22, in get_meta
meta = FormMeta(doctype)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/meta.py”, line 32, in init
self.load_assets()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/meta.py”, line 42, in load_assets
self.load_templates()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/meta.py”, line 146, in load_templates
module = load_doctype_module(self.name)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/init.py”, line 64, in load_doctype_module
doctype_python_modules[key] = frappe.get_module(get_module_name(doctype, module, prefix))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 599, in get_module
return importlib.import_module(modulename)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/init.py”, line 37, in import_module
import(name)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/hr/doctype/job_applicant/job_applicant.py”, line 13, in
import boto3
ImportError: No module named boto3

Please Help

:worried: I see that you are trying to use your boto3 in erpnext. Though this should not be an issue, may be you can try adding the boto3 to requirements.txt in erpnext instead of frappe.

:confused: still the Same Issue

Someone please help… I have added in requirements.txt in erpnext and also restarted the System… Still same Traceback

After doing the changes in the requirements.txt this ( ./env/bin/pip install -r ./apps/erpnext/requirements.txt from frappe-bench folder) has helped to solve the issue.

Thank you shreyasp and rmehta for all your Help.

3 Likes