Can we run ERPnext and helpdesk together in the same server

Hi,

I have a server with erpnext, and I am trying to install the helpdesk on the same server, will this work? after the installation, both sites seem not working

Thank you

Hi, Yes you can run both in the same server, just select the same site while installing.

How does this work in terms of the UI? Will both applications run as if they’re two completely different applications? Can Helpdesk Doctypes be seen and managed from within ERPNext? Will Helpdesk tickets update and reference their related Customer records in ERPNext?

Helpdesk is an app just like erpnext, so yes you can see all the doctypes of helpdesk in you frappe site just like you see all docs of erpnext and records as well.

That’s not what I meant. What I meant was, can I see the Frappe Helpdesk Documents in ERPNext.

I also want this to know.

No, they are different applications. You can run them on the same instance, however. But they are independent of each other.

Is there a possibility that we can link ERPnext and Helpdesk together?

what I want to do is, I want to give users access to ERPnext and they use the helpdesk within the ERP. That is how we can link the accounts/finances together.

Even the customer field is independent between ERPNext and Frappe Desk. I would consider sticking to the old support portal if you want it to be all linked together as of now.

The new application is good for a B2C application only from what I tried.

1 Like

yes you can!!

1. Enable Multi site using bench set-config common_site_config.json multi_tenant 1

2. sudo bench setup production your-user

3. For SSL use sudo cerbot --nginx -d yourhelpdesk.com -d yourerpnext.com

This will generate the Nginx with Multitenent with SSL (Hope that works)

1 Like

Hello,

I’m sorry if this is a silly question. I’m planning to start using ERPNext very soon, and I’m struggling a bit to choose between v14 or v15 because I can’t decide between the included “support” module in v14 or the separate Help Desk app in v15. I would like that my customer support tickets are directly related to my Customer database so I have no redundant information.

Is there an easy way to connect the ERPNext customer/users database to Help Desk/CRM apps in v15 so I can manage a single customer database instead of all different ones?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify this to me.

Cheers

Not possible out of the box at the moment from what i see