Can you delete the .json file of a CoA after initial setup is finished?

Continuing the discussion from How to apply/use a CoA from https://charts.erpnext.com?:

When setting up ERPNext for the first time also a Chart of accoutns is created. I think it’s based on the location of your company chosen and the existance of a related .json file located in this folder ~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/accounts/doctype/account/chart_of_accounts/verified. If none is there matching your country (identified by the leading characters of the json files name) the standard CoA is being chosen.

In order to create a custom CoA at company setup you can ‘hack’ the system by placing a json file with the right name (in my testcase I’m using hk_base_chart_of_accounts.json [hk_ being the identifier for Hong Kong where my testcomapny is located]).

As the additional file ~/chart_of_accounts/verified/hk_base_chart_of_accounts.json will be overwritten or may create a git conflict as soon u process a bench update I was wondering whether it is required beyond the initial creation of the CoA at all?

1. In other words are the Accounts on a running system depending on the corresponding .json file or can it be deleted once the setup is finished?

2. are u able to choose one of the charts in the ~/chart_of_accounts/unverified/ folder as well?