Can you enter a Request for Quotation without entering an Item Code, but only a Description

Can you enter a Request for Quotation without entering an Item Code, but only a Description

Hi Fahad,

As of now, I think you need an Item Code to make an RFQ.

Though, I think I know why you’d want to do that. Once you get the proposal from a supplier, you will have a better idea about what Item Code to use. Or maybe these are such insignificant items or one-off items that you may never purchase again.

How about you have a generic Item Code for such instances and like you rightly point out, enter the description of the item you want to get a proposal for? In the Print format, don’t pull the Item Code or the Item Name, but pull the description. And you can use that Print format to send to your suppliers.

It can get a little confusing if you need to get quotation for two such items in the same RFQ. You might have to set the configuration so that you can add the same item multiple times in a transaction. Or have some 10 such generic items GenericItem1, GenericItem2 and so on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay