Cannot switch to production - It keeps saying develop

I did a sudo bench setup production. No errors thankfully. I go to the menu about and it says

ERPNext: v12.x.x-develop () (develop)

Frappe Framework: v12.x.x-develop () (develop)

Full Size View: v2.0.0 (master)
What should I do?

On v12, there is not yet a production option.
For a production you need to stay with v10 for now

Ok I found a solution
here are the steps you have to perform.

goto frappe-bench/apps/
Remove erpnext (rm -r erpnext)
Goto frappe-bench/
bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) --branch master
now run bench update.

Now its
ERPNext: v10.1.58 (master)

Frappe Framework: v12.x.x-develop () (develop)

Full Size View: v2.0.0 (master)

Is it Ok? or do I have to do something with the Frappe Framework?

1 Like

I think I found It.
goto frappe-bench/apps/
Remove erpnext (rm -r erpnext)
Remove frappe (rm -r frappe)
Goto frappe-bench/
bench get-app frappe GitHub - frappe/frappe: Low code web framework for real world applications, in Python and Javascript --branch master
bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) --branch master
now run bench update.

Which versions do you have working now? --branch master would normally use v10

Sorry an error occured. in frappe branch master
ImportError: No module named erpnext.commands

I will try to find a solution and will come back soon.

Production mode and the develop you see in the About are two very different things.

You can run your app in two modes - Developer and Production. You use developer mode on your development or testing machines/servers. Whereas you can setup your servers which will be accessed by the end users in Production mode.

The develop you see in the About menu - is the name of the branch that your app is currently on. Branch is the git way of stating what version of the app you are on. As far as erpnext is concerned, develop contains changes that may come in the upcoming versions and is not considered stable for Production servers as it is Work in Progress. Meanwhile, master branch is the stable version of the app which can be used for both development and production machines.

1 Like

This may help explain too Breaking down Environment and branch (develop, master)

1 Like