Can't install custom app

Hello.

I’m following the tutorials on youtube for creating a new app, as I follow along I get the following error when I try to log on to my site.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 60, in application
    init_site(request)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 154, in init_site
    frappe.init(site=site, sites_path=_sites_path)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 137, in init
    setup_module_map()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 723, in setup_module_map
    for module in get_module_list(app):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 632, in get_module_list
    return get_file_items(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(get_module(app_name).__file__), "modules.txt"))
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 590, in get_module
    return importlib.import_module(modulename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
 ImportError: No module named meeting

I already checked the modules.txt and apps.txt and the “meeting” string is there. Anything else I might be missing?

Thanks

@william try this:

bench shell
cd apps/meeting
python setup.py develop

Thanks.

I tried it and the error still persists. Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot.

We’re currently using the google cloud platform and the version we are using of ERPNext is v6.16.4 and Frappe Version is v6.17.6

@william can you paste your command in installing app?

@ccfiel me facing the same error

@muraray how did you install the app?

im also having same problem.
while i install by this comand, i receive the error

python setup.py develop
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “setup.py”, line 3, in
from pip.req import parse_requirements
ImportError: No module named req