Cash Flow Mapping working?

I can not find anything in V15 relating to this feature of cash flow mapping: https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/customise-cash-flow-report

Does this exist or was this removed for some reason?

Hi @john-50,

Cashflow mapper has been deprecated in ERPNext v15 and will no longer be available.

Thank You!

Hm, why is that? It looks like something useful, so I guess the problem itself is not deprecated (has not gone away, or has it?).

The function reminds me of how financial statements towards (“against”) authorities are build. Or of a matrix like in an ASIC (or an old, wired non-volatile memory), where you weigh and mix one set of parameters onto (“against”) another. Or of a coordinate transformation matrix.

Maybe this rip-out was done in order to redirect the engineering effort to a more general functionality which could also help solve the problem the Cashflow mapper solved or tried to solve?

Or what’s the background of this decision?

@NCP is there a suggested work around? I’m US based and this was one of the big things that I realized is off as I was testing. Should I just look at writing a custom report from scratch to handle my cash flow report?

1 Like

I guess the complexity of the errors in the cashflow mapping made them discontinue it. The confusing thing is that the cashflow report remains, but the documentation is not updated to at least understand how it groups the information.

Not only in the US, in practically any company this tool is fundamental. For example in dokos they decided to at least integrate it to Cash flow management software | Agicap.