Challenge with UOM in PO (Urgent help required if possible)

We faced same problem as you, your requirements can be solved if “Default UOM” field exists on above all item tables, which isn’t.

Workaround for you will be add UOM column in list view in PO. So while adding item you needs to select boxes uom, it doesn’t take much time… Use only keyboard on tables.

Thanks mdwala for sharing your workaround. in our case the PO is being generated automatically through scheduler. so i’m working on JayRam solution. will share all the steps if it goes according to plan and if able to write the script in frappe framework. as i’m new here.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

@mdwala Stock UOM is the Default UOM field and it exists in the PO Item list of fields and the Sales UOM Field. Were you looking for something else?

Thanks

Jay

Yes I am looking forward to “Default UOM” as we have Default warehouse in stock entry.

So by changing Default UOM prior item table entry, all item entry should come in that UOM only.

In adnan scenario, In PO if there is a default Uom field, he just needs to enter qty and stock Uom will calculate automatically by default Uom set.

HI,
mdwala logic will work perfectly with little more improvement and can solve many other challenges being faced by other users in different industries. let me try to explain it further.

right now we have only one Default UOM which is being used globally in the application. in POS, Purchase etc…
with little more development, if we setup a default UOM for each doc (Stocks, Buying, Selling) every time we make an entry it should pick that default UOM specified for that Document. this way we dont need to work on printing or anything.

if we go more in detail, like big industrial software works (FMC Fidelio Materials Control), at Item level we can define it’s default UOM for different documents(Purchase, sales etc). through this, we’ll not bind doc with UOM but item and will open more gates and more flexibility for users.

Thanks
Adnan

1 Like

:grinning:

Why don’t you put a GitHub issue for this? Here’s where you do that:

Till then happy workarounds.

Thanks

Jay

i love to post it on GitHub an issue.

Thanks for the advice.

Adnan