Change Column Integer Sum of 10 to 100

The rule that column widths add up to 10 is extremely limiting behavior. It would be an enormous improvement if 100 were used instead.

Does anyone know if changing this is reasonable or if it would require sweeping code changes?

1 Like

To make the change globally, you’d have to reimplement the table template to use something other than the current bootstrap grid system.

On any given page, you should be able to just override the bootstrap css classes to assign whatever width you want, but to reimplement the column system as base 100 would probably be complicated.

Thanks Peter! This is extremely helpful!

Another question. I haven’t tried to create my own template yet so I’m very unfamiliar with the page system and template system. Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by this?

On any given page, you should be able to just override the bootstrap css classes to assign whatever width you want

What are you envisioning by that?

The desk is a single page application written in vanilla javascript. It’s not really designed to be customized, but since it’s all client-side it’s usually pretty straightforward to patch at runtime.

In this case, child table column width is determined by the bootstrap class being applied here:

A column set to have width “3” is given the CSS class col-xs-3. Per the bootstrap stylesheets, col-xs-3 is defined to have width: 25%, but you could override this with your own values if you wanted. It’s not a clean approach to the general problem, but if you had one particular form you wanted to override it could work.

Thanks, Peter!! Super helpful :slight_smile: