Change the delivery date on the sales order when it has been Saved

I need to be able to change the delivery date in the sales order after saving it…
In a standard situation, the normal is that this is how it should be…
In my case… I have a workflow applied to the sales order…so I noticed that the system is preventing me from changing the “delivery date” field after saving the document…

How should you act in this situation?
Can someone help me…

What I do know is that it is not possible to change the delivery date on Sales Order, if it has been submitted… Once the Sales Order is submitted, it cannot be changed.
This is to ensure that the Sales Order is consistent and accurate, and that all parties involved are aware of the agreed delivery date.
If you want to change it, then the system will prompt you to cancel it and submit it again after the changes have been made.

But prevent change after saving, this is the first time I find that!!!
I don’t know if it was your implementation of a workflow that made this…

1 Like

Anyway, try the following, I think it will fix your case…

• In the sales order there is a multiple “delivery date” that we have to specify…
    - The delivery date of the entire main document
    - The delivery date is at the line level of the items table.

• The good thing is that the delivery date of the “Main Document”, is affected by the value of the maximum date specified in the “Delivery Date” fields at the line level of the items table…

So, what you will do exactly, is go to the items table, and modify the “Delivery Date” field there for one of the items with the date you want, after that save, and if I’m not mistaken, the update to the “Delivery Date” field value will finally be saved…

1 Like