Child Table fields depends on

hi everyone i have a question if anyone could hel me .
I have a child table and i want to set a field depends on another field in the same child table i use depends_on but when i make it child table it’s not working.
thnx for helping.

eval: cur_frm... something. I got stuck here. Can’t seem to access child table fields.

technician, is already the child table element:

employee name:

so in the depends on: employee.employee_name

does this help?

I think that’s for fetching a different value. Topic is about displaying a field depending on the value of another field in the same child table and row.

1 Like

thnx for your help i make it work by using depends_on but i need to see it in the father table so i check in_list_view then it’s doesn’t work anymore so anyone have an idea.

i don’t now if this help you
frappe.ui.form.on(‘Budget’,“onload”, function(frm, cdt, cdn) {

var df = frappe.meta.get_docfield(“Produit Demande”,“qte_revise”, cur_frm.doc.name);
var dp = frappe.meta.get_docfield(“Produit Demande”,“qte_produit”, cur_frm.doc.name);
console.log(df);
console.log(dp);
df.depends_on =dp.fieldname;

})
but it still don’t work after making “qte_revise” in_list_view of the child doctype.
thnx again.

@Hicham_Ayat that’s right, this type of scripting can change properties of the child field, but it isn’t actually working for me. I’m trying to toggle the hidden property of a child table custom field in order to show it. I can successfully change it’s property, but it’s still not displaying.

1 Like

instead of cur_frm.doc.name child table name should be pass