I have the following scenario:
- Multiple sales orders are created for items we custom manufacture
- Using the Production Planning Tool, I create production orders from the open sales orders.
- Using the Production Planning Tool, I Create Materials Requests. Note that I get a warning that the same item has been added multiple times. (the manufacturing process shares some common items as source across the various manufactured items.)
- In buying, I create a new purchase order. Select a vendor, and click “Get items with open materials requests”. The goal being to submit 1 PO for all needed materials.
- The same item is entered 2 or 3 times on the PO, presumably because it is duplicated in the materials requests.
How can I combine these duplicate item rows so that I am submitting a PO to my vendor with only 1 row per item?