Connect to Erpnext development from console

I just installed Erpnext development on a a Centos 7.3 and need to check if the site is running with the console

I used bench start and got the next message

How can i check the site is running by the console ? Can i use lynx to check connection ? I tried using localhost with port 8000 but error message.

Any suggestions ?

try 0.0.0.0:8000 or local ip ex : 192.168.x.x:8000

i just found these

Resolved the issue by running the below two commands, looks like the easy install does not create the default site.
bench new-site localhost
bench --site localhost install-app erpnext

but when i run the second command i get

Could not find app "erpnext"

Why does it not find the app ?

Regards

Hector

try different sitename not localhost ex: site1.local

post the screenshot of your running screen

Hello

these is the screenshot

Regards

Hector

You tried these steps
bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
bench new-site site1.local
bench --site site1.local install-app erpnext

2 Likes

trying it now, waiting to finish downloading. while update in a couple minutes

It work perfectly ! Thanks!

One more question. i do bench start to be able to open the site. But i want for the site that is in development to be still running when i exit the console . How can i make these happen without setting it up for production ?

Regards

Hector

without production it is not possible I think so btw,why you needed lyk that

Hello

Sometimes i connect remotely but my internet connection fails in my local pc but not the one with erpnext.

So Putty disconnects and Erpnext development stops working and cannot restart easily

Regards

Hector

Hello @Hector_Santos, you can use other methods to keep the shell/console running on faulty connections:

1. tmux - Is a terminal multiplexer, it continues running if the session is disconnected and allows to reattach later with tmux -a.
  2. Linux machines have mosh, which is a fault tolerant ssh connection. It seems like you can use MobaXTerm on Windows. I haven’t tried it as I have a linux box.

Otherwise you could set up the production environment and use it for development. But I’d still suggest one of the above mentioned methods for keeping the connection. You can also use tmux and mosh.