Connection to external folders

I can see that uploaded contents are stored in the private folder without folder structure. Guess my custom folder structures will be reflected.

One question related to that. Is there a way to use external folders outside of frappe installation? (I’m on self-host server)

For other services, I usually rely on CNAME based CDN which is mapped to a subdomain via Nginx. Like image.example.com points to /var/www/image folder by Nginx. I run rsync to another remote storage to make sure it is fully backed-up, and add that path to Nginx’s server block for failover case. Together with CDN plugin/module, Nginx, and rsync at server level, I care a little less of my primary server’s stability.

I would like to have similar experience with Frappe Drive. But just adding symlink from external folder disables loading my personal images. Likely it is due to permission issue, guessed based on this doc, Files

My next option is to mount an external storage disk to that particular private folder and run GlusterFS with that, but I would like to rely on Frappe native solutions first, if there is any.

From Discourse’s meta, I found an interesting article.

If it is fully compatible with S3-like CDN on Discourse, I guess Frappe’s S3 setting can work. If this works, no need to handle rsync from my end.