Considering ERPNext

I am considering ERPNext and would like to know if this is possible or how one would handle this kind of issue. Now I am using Odoo single app accounting and want to implement a full ERP solution and looking at alternatives to Odoo.

We receive orders from Etsy, Woocommerce, and Amazon. When the sale occurs, we get a notice. I would like ERPNext to integrate with these platforms and automatically pull in the sale data. Etsy provides me with the sale total, tax, and shipping collected. When I get paid from Etsy, I receive a reduced amount, sale total - taxes - cc fee - listing fee - transaction fee - and maybe - marketing fee. When I reconcile at the end of the month, the amount coming in doesn’t match with what I sold as the fees are not accounted for. Etsy doesn’t send an invoice or anything, so I have to manually account for all the fees to get the accounts to balance. Amazon is similar, but with only one fee.

My long term goal is to automate the whole process, but I want to implement in steps. I’d like to add to the sales order a place to put these fees so they are tracked by the sale. These would automatically be pushed to the cogs accounts and reduce what goes into income.

Is this possible and a great idea or not a good idea? Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks…

This is certainly possible. Many of us here have constructed these kinds of complex integrations and process flows.

What you need is:

• A solid understanding of the ERPNext DocTypes related to your idea. Sales Order, Sales Invoice, GL Entry, Payment Entry, Journal Entry. Probably a dozen or so more.

• Proficiency with ERPNext’s Frappe Framework. Specifically the Python backend. Everything you described can be accomplished. But you’ll need experience and skill with the framework (plus learning about the APIs to Etsy, Woocommerce, and Amazon).

• A good SQL background definitely helps too.
    • I “believe” there’s already an ERPNext ↔ Woocommerce integration somewhere, but I know nothing about it.
  • Time and effort.

As to whether this is a good idea? Difficult for me to say without knowing more about your situation: urgency, alternative solutions, access to programmers, budget, etc.

But it certainly can be done in ERPNext. And done well.

Woocommerce fusion is one possible integration (we are using): GitHub - dvdl16/woocommerce_fusion: WooCommerce connector for ERPNext v15

Alternatives:

We had done an Amazon connector with ERPNext a while back. The code is refactored and also is part of the core now. This feature may help you.