Contribute to the Quickbooks Connector

Why does it say that the project is closed on the idiegogo site?

1 Like

@fblauer
Actually there was some timeline mentioned for collecting funds and it has been lapsed. Hence it is showing closed. So project on IndieGoGo is closed but actually it is going on.

Current Status QB Connector:
We have submitted QB Connector App to Quickbooks Team. They are evaluating it. We had few round of changes after discussion with them. Now they are evaluating it finally. Once it is accepted from them, it will be made live.

So let’s wait for their updates.

Thanks
Kanhaiya Kale
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt Ltd.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.

@kanhaiya awesome thanks for all of your work on the connector :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kanhaiya @gupteshwar is there any update on this?

1 Like

Hi @woakes070048
I hope you must have seen below thread for Quickbooks Connector updates shared by @gupteshwar few days back.

Things are same, but we are resolving bugs which we are coming across in day to day operations.

I suggest you to try this once for your organization.

@kanhaiya I did read the post and we have done that. It imported maybe 50 invoices out of 700 and stopped we couldnt get it to work after that. The main reason I was asking though was to see when the app would be published on the quickbooks store.

@woakes070048 What error you are getting while trying this solution ? Shall we help you in that.

Before getting into production, we are doing all possible iterations with current use case of our customer. Once we resolve all bugs and issues then we will work on pushing it to Quickbooks store.

@kanhaiya that was one of the problems we were not geting any errors it just stopped syncing and would not start again

Quickbook shifted from OAuth1 to OAuth2 after july 2017. And changes are not made in connector. :frowning_face:

Have you tried connecting and is there any issue?

yes there is issue because in your setting you are using consumer key and secret. but in new settings there are client ID and Client secret.
I developed odoo-quickbooks connector that I had to change when quickbooks changed their settings
please find screenshots attached

@nauman_sharif but things are still working for ERPNext v7 (app was launched for this version) and QuickBooks (India/Singapore) at our end (which we have tested). You probably overlooking/comparing with your experience of Odoo, I am not sure how fair that would be unless you try it.

In that case you may wait till Feb mid. very tentative for next release update. We are working on the upgrade currently.

@gupteshwar I have installed your app and trying to make it work for last three days. You are right that app is working fine on your end but it works with quickbooks old apps(oAuth1) that where created before july 2017. Quickbooks now does not allow to create apps with oAuth1 as they launch oAuth2 support.
Can you please create a new app on quickbooks and try testng connector with that.
Thanks for response :slight_smile:

bghtrbb added the OAuth2 connector here. I’m wondering if you guys can merge it and the develop branch to master (I made a pull request from his master to your develop). This will really influence us to move to ERPNext.

The Indictrans QBO codebase is being moved into the core by the Frappe team with an NET release of next month. Both sides of which were sponsored in part by Parsimony.

The following is an opinion:
The biggest shift in a change from QB to ERPNext is about Items. QB is beautified checkbook, ERPNext is a whole lot more than that, but contains a very powerful Stock Ledger (which is in ERPNext more of a driver of the accounting functions than QB, where Items are an afterthought). Bottom line, if you need to keep track of “things”, QB is inadequate. Also erpnext.com hosting is cheaper (~3:1) and their support is better. What don’t you get? US localizations, maybe. Integration with Paychex? Hard pass.

Why haven’t you the switch already? </sarcasm>

3 Likes

First of all, Thanks!
Second of all, the main reason we haven’t moved yet is primarily because it takes time to move to a new system, and train the employees, second reason is because the non-profit module isn’t complete and as we are a non-profit this is critical (I have been working on adding the necessary parts but I’ve hit some roadblocks), third is simply because QB is a more standard accounting tool and if we need to bring in a contractor, teaching them a new system is quite impractical.

Yes, this true of any conversion in accounting systems, which is why they tend to happen something like every other decade or with a change in ownership. But at this point we’re hijacking this thread. If you want specific help with a QBO migration, start another thread and tag me.

Is this connector/migrator live?

It’s ready in V11 which is a developer release not for production use as yet.

But you’re welcome to test it :grin: