Create new doctype get os error

Hi All,

I try to move my old version erpnext data to New version V8, here is my steps:

Step 1:Dump sql files from old version erpnext.
Step 2:Use command “bench --force --site” to new version v8 ERP server.

Now move db it is worked, but I found I had created a new doctype on old version was called “Customer Item No”, then I can find this docType on Setup DocType list, but when I click Customer Item NO, I get os error “OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/stock/doctype/customer_item_no’”. Is there somethings missing in my steps?

Here is my DocType List on my new server:

Click “Customer Item no” then get os error:

In my server, cant find “Customer Item NO” DocType on Stock Module:

Thanks your kindly help.

Hi! Try running bench update. If it doesn’t solve the problem, try bench migrate. :slight_smile:

Hi littlehera,

Thanks your rely, I try bench update and bench migrate still have same issue.

Did you create a custom application for the doctype, @hellorachel? If yes, try checking the App Installer and see if the app was installed.

If not, try changing the modified date or time in the .json file of the doctype and run bench migrate again. If it still doesn’t work, you might need to delete the doctype and create it all over again. :frowning2:

Thanks again. I did not create new application, I only create new DocType on stock module. One thing I felt weirded, on my new version server code I can not find my new doctype`s json and .py file. Is it correct?

My New server site file list:

My old server site file list:

I also experienced the same problem once. What we did in our team was we removed the old doctype that doesn’t work and created a new one. Restoring the db doesn’t really restore the files. :frowning2:

If you have a copy of your missing doctype files, you can try copy-pasting them and restarting your bench. And then afterwards, if it doesn’t work, you can try bench migrate and see if it fixes stuff.

But if it doesn’t and you need it back asap, creating the doctype all over again might be the best (though not the quickest) option.

Hi littlehera

Thanks, I copy doctype then did “bench migrate” again, it is worked now. Appreciate your help.

1 Like