Creating item price in bulk for variants?

So, I just realized that I can only select one item code at a time in the Item Price DocType. Now, after creating ~100 variants under a single item template, how do you assign item price to all variants? This is a serious functionality problem for me, any advice?

Thanks

Hi @alphaomegaphi:

Try pricing rule. Here you can set price for item template, that will be inherited by all his variants.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried several configurations, but the Pricing rule didn’t seem to work. Basically, created the pricing rule for the Item template item code, put the selling pricing in every possible field. After that, I created a variant out of the parent and proceed to create a Sales Order for that variant. Sales order didn’t load any price, everything remains at 0.0 value.

Hi @alphaomegaphi:

I’ve tried and it’s working for me.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @avc, thanks! it worked. I marked your response as solution, but honestly, this is still a workaround imo. Pricing should be easy and flexible. Users should be able to set pricing from item, in bulk, or through rules (as you showed here). Hope we can get this feature back again.

Thanks
Aldo