Creating Purchase Receipt from Sales Invoice

Hi,

We have a unique requirement. There are multiple companies defined in our instance and there is inter-company stock transfers happening. So, instead of duplicating the work for both companies, we would like to create a sales invoice and create a make button there for creating the purchase receipt for the other company. This will create the purchase receipt by taking the details from Sales Invoice, thereby reducing the manual work.

Is there a solution for this on ERPNext already? Or, can it be incorporated in the standard code? This could be a requirement for other clients as well.

I looked up the sales_invoice.py and sales_invoice.json files and understand that the changes would have to be done over there. Now, my question is, how can I implement it on my custom app? So far, I have only been calling the .py files from the hooks.py file. How can I call the .js file? Or, is there any other method?

1 Like

Hope it won’t be way off topic, but we need something similar. We have two companies in one instance and we have big amount of stock transfers between them regularly. The difference is that there is no need to issue invoices and receipts, but just automate somehow the transfer process so that the recipient company doesn’t need to make stock entries manually.

Hi,

Any update on this? Will ERPNext want to include this as an additional feature in the system? Or, should I continue with the customization? Would really like it if you could help me in suggesting how to go about it…

Thanks a ton for all your support so far… :slight_smile: You guys rock… After having met you all personally, I find your attitude and enthusiasm mind-blowing… Keep at it guys… :slight_smile:

Thanks
Uma

Hi,

Any update on this? Can anybody please let me know how to go about it? I want to show the option ‘Purchase Receipt’ under the make button. For that, I would need to make changes to the sales_invoice.js and sales_invoice.py files. How can I call the sales_invoice.js file from the hooks.py file?

Thanks
Uma