CRM features needed

The purpose of this thread is to list the key features needed in the CRM functionality of ERPnext. It works like this:

• One feature per message
  • If the feature you want has already been listed by someone, give that post a like
  • If you are willing to contribute money to a feature, list the feature, link to the post, and the amount you are willing to contribute for the development of that feature (write 10 USD, not $10 since symbols are used in more than one country/currency)
  • Only CRM functionality
2 Likes

Integration of Lead and Customer record into a single record
(Lead records becomes the customer record — it only changes status)

I have opened request for the attachments and advanced template e-mail reply options. [Paid Development] Advanced standard replies/templates for CRM functions · Issue #4787 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

1 Like

Integration of all client email communication, comments, and attachments into ONE screen — the Lead/Customer screen.

Examples of how it would work

• If I email a quotation to a lead or customer, the email and all attachments are found on the Lead/Customer screen. The PDF of the quotation, which I emailed, is also found as an attachment on the Lead/Customer screen.
  • If I email an invoice to a lead or customer, the email and all attachments are found on the Lead/Customer screen. The PDF of the invoice, which I emailed, is also found as an attachment on the Lead/Customer screen.
  • If I make a comment on the opportunity screen of a customer, the comment is found on the Lead/Customer screen.
  • If I upload and add an external document and email it from the quotation screen, that external document is also found as an attachment on the Lead/Customer screen.

EDIT: See below

This feature was just released in our latest update!

2 Likes

Hooray!!! :smiley: That’s fantastic! Thanks

Lead/Customer integration with CardDAV -or- option to dial a phone number from within the ERPnext mobile app so we can call our contacts more easily.

3 Likes

I agree … current export of Lead / Customer information is awkward.
CardDav or rather vCard support for both import and export would be ideal.
Having to import / export addresses, accounts & contacts separately is not very user friendly.

1 Like

@brianl The advantage of CardDAV over vCard is that there’s no need for export; it’s more like a contact server. Your smartphone or computer will be able to simply access and sync with the contact database.

@PeterDF I realize that, but thinking more about Windows desktop clients, Outlook does not natively support CardDAV… and if you can add support for CardDAV then the VCard standard should be mapped as well for import and export, as it is part of CardDAV. Also OS X Contacts has a few bugs syncing CardDAV, though iOS handles it well.

1 Like

@rmehta This is not happening on our install. Email sent from the Quotation record page is not showing up on the Lead page.
(It’s also not actually being sent, it appears to go but nothing is received.)

@PeterDF its implemented for Customer and Supplier

It would be helpful to have it for Lead also.

As a first step, ERPnext could behave as a CardDAV client, not as a server. Many already use some CardDav service to sync addresses with their mobile (you can do it with ownCloud, nextcloud, GroupOffice, kolab, …). If ERPnext also behaves as a CardDav server, we would need to migrate all users from existing sync solutions.

That would probably break, since there is different entities in ERPNext, that dont exist in Carddav, eg. Companies with multiple Contacts can be used in Groupoffice, but AFAIK they’re flattened out when sycning with Carddav.
I think it makes sense to have ERPnext as the carddav server and just sync those on smartphones etc, so you know which customer is calling.