Custom Item Code Naming Series and Barcode Labels

Hello All,
I’ve been using using ERPNEXT (paid version for 1 year) for few month already and I’m really pleased with its functionalities but at the moment I’m missing two things:

1: Label printing for brother P-Touch P900w with Datamatrix Barcodes generation for item codes.
I’m currently using filemaker with a ID automation datamatrix generator plugin to first print the labels for my products and then add the barcode in the ERPnext Barcode field via dataimport from excel. Not a very good workflow especially when we receive hundreds of items.

2: Item codes generation.
I added a custom field in the item group doc type named “Item Group Code” and I would like ERPnext to automatically generate the Item code with the item group code prefix.

ie:
JEBR-A001 for Jewelry Bracelet model 1
JEBR-A002 for Jewelry Bracelet model 2
FUCH-A001 for Furniture Chair model 1

Also, it would be nice if it could switch automatically to the letter B when it reaches number 999.

Cheers and looking forward for your help!

Hello,

My inline replies below.

1: Label printing for brother P-Touch P900w with Datamatrix Barcodes generation for item codes.
I’m
currently using filemaker with a ID automation datamatrix generator
plugin to first print the labels for my products and then add the
barcode in the ERPnext Barcode field via dataimport from excel. Not a
very good workflow especially when we receive hundreds of items.

**In ERPNext, a dedicates functionality will be needed for enabling label printing. Also it will have to be flexible enough, as each user will have their own design for label. it will require considerable amount of effort from our end as well.

To get this feature developed on priority, I will suggest you to signup with one of our Service Provider. You can also post a job to invite bids from the Service Providers.

https://community.erpnext.com/jobs

Since ERPNext is an open source application, you can also contribute this feature in ERPNext, just like we have some features in ERPNext contributed by other members.

2: Item codes generation.
I added a custom field in the item group
doc type named “Item Group Code” and I would like ERPnext to
automatically generate the Item code with the item group code prefix.

ie:
JEBR-A001 for Jewelry Bracelet model 1
JEBR-A002 for Jewelry Bracelet model 2
FUCH-A001 for Furniture Chair model 1

Also, it would be nice if it could switch automatically to the letter B when it reaches number 999.

If possible with Custom Script, hope other members in the community will assist you on the same. For now, I will suggest you create a Naming Series based on Item Group. Perhaps you can write a Custom Script to have Item Group set based on Naming Series selection.

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/setting-up/settings/naming-series