Customize page redirection in Salary Slip

i want that when i click any of the three salary slip, it should redirect to page where print format of salary slip is their (basically the print page)
or i want that only pdf is shown to employee.

example : 1) let say i click one of salary slip

1. i redirect to this page

2. but i want to redirect directly to below page

basically the url from
this → http://0.0.0.0:8003/app/salary-slip/Sal%20Slip%2FHR-EMP-00012%2F00016
to this → http://0.0.0.0:8003/app/print/Salary%20Slip/Sal%20Slip%2FHR-EMP-00012%2F00016

Anyone know the solution, please help
open to any suggestion

1 Like

Hi @Rajat96318,

Please apply the code and reload and check it.

frappe.listview_settings["Salary Slip"] = {
	onload: function(listview) {
		if (!has_common(frappe.user_roles, ["Administrator", "System Manager", "HR Manager", "HR User"])) return;

listview.page.add_menu_item(__("Email Salary Slips"), () => {
			if (!listview.get_checked_items().length) {
				frappe.msgprint(__("Please select the salary slips to email"));
				return;
			}

frappe.confirm(__("Are you sure you want to email the selected salary slips?"), () => {
				listview.call_for_selected_items("hrms.payroll.doctype.salary_slip.salary_slip.enqueue_email_salary_slips");
			});
		});
	},

button: {
		show: function (doc) {
			return doc.name;
		},
		get_label: function () {
			return __("View", null, "Access");
		},
		get_description: function (doc) {
			return __("Open {0}", [`${__(doc.name)}: ${doc.employee}`]);
		},
		action: function (doc) {
			window.open("/app/print/Salary Slip/"+doc.name);
		},
	},
}

please click on View then open the print preview.

Output:

We’ve just inserted the button code. In the onload method, it’s the default code for the salary slip, so let’s leave it there.

I hope this helps.

Thank You!

2 Likes

@NCP Thank you for your reply much appreciated, the solution is one step towards my requirement.
i have done what you told, but i want when i click the view button the pdf is opened directly.

like the window.open() should redirect to pdf url.
my pdf url is “http://0.0.0.0:8003/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name=Sal%20Slip%2FHR-EMP-00007%2F00004&format=Payslip%20myginne%20india&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings={}&_lang=en

but the above one is hard coded, how do i change such that the pdf opens directly.
Something like this i guess : /app/print/Salary Slip/"+doc.name
Help

Please open the PDF, check the URL, and set it according to the scenario.

@NCP
Yes i am doing the same

but not able to decode it
http://0.0.0.0:8003/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name={doc.name}&format=Payslip%20myginne%20india&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings=&_lang=en

the {doc.name} is not fetching
Help, thank you for your fast response
what am i doing wrong

Why use curly brackets?

Please check it.

"start_url"+doc.name+"&format ......"

Thank You!

1 Like

window.open(“/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name=” + doc.name + “&format=Payslip%20myginne%20india&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings=%7B%7D&_lang=en”);

yeah found just now
@NCP
its second step done, thank you man

Now their is one more problem, i have two print format. Let say A & B
Currently i have hard coded for one
How can i do, such that when clicked employee sees his salary slip format.
I think i have to do something more, can you tell how can i do this

At that moment, you need to make a custom field called “print format name” and adjust it in the URL based on the chosen print format. So, if you pick print format A for a Salary Slip, it will display print format A.

1 Like

Yeah just as i thought.
Thank you for helping me in this task, i owe you man.

@NCP , i am stuck in a process which i thought, can you tell i am doing correct or something is wrong

this is my url : window.open(“/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name=” + doc.name + “&format=Payslip%20Myginne%20” + doc.country + “&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings=%7B%7D&_lang=en”);

i opened a country field in Salary slip which is either India/Egypt.
since the print format naming of both country is approx same except country name
India - Payslip Myginne India
Egypt - Payslip Myginne Egypt

Therefore i thought to change url like above.
Can you tell what is wrong
Help

Please check the url, url-parameter, and your field name. It’s a minor mistake. try to find and solve it.

@NCP, i have tried all

Below is the steps i did

1. added a country field (type : data) in Salary structure
  2. added a country field (type : data) in Salary Slip, and added fetch from to : salary_structure.country
  3. url change in code : window.open(“/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name=” + doc.name + “&format=PaySlip%20Myginne%20”+doc.country+“&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings=%7B%7D&_lang=en”);

when i click on view button the Standard Slip of erpnext is shown.
with this url : http://0.0.0.0:8003/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name=Sal%20Slip/HR-EMP-00007/00005&format=Payslip%20Myginne%20undefined&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings={}&_lang=en

Payslip%20Myginne%20undefined : this undefined is coming
u can see in below ss, India is present

what am i doing wrong, Help :frowning:
can’t find the solution by this approach, i think i am very close to solution but can’t find it

first thing, the country should not be set in the URL. Please check the default URL and match it.

@NCP, yes i know in default url their is no country field

default url : http://0.0.0.0:8003/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name=Sal%20Slip%2FHR-EMP-00007%2F00004&format=Payslip%20myginne%20india&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings={}&_lang=en

but i want to manipulate the url such that
format=PaySlip%20Myginne%20India
changes to format=PaySlip%20Myginne%20"+doc.country+"

simply fetching the field value from salary slip.

i found out that doing doc.name, doc.employee etc fetches the value, i tried below code to test
frappe.msgprint(doc.employee);

but, doing doc.country, doc.total_working_days etc, don’t fetch value as doc.name etc does

why so?
does that mean i can’t do with this approach
can you help me with one test on your local for this problem
i will be thankful man

@NCP, i resolved the issue
this is updated js code

frappe.listview_settings[“Salary Slip”] = {
onload: function(listview) {
if (!has_common(frappe.user_roles, [“Administrator”, “System Manager”, “HR Manager”, “HR User”])) return;

listview.page.add_menu_item(__("Email Salary Slips"), () => {
		if (!listview.get_checked_items().length) {
			frappe.msgprint(__("Please select the salary slips to email"));
			return;
		}

frappe.confirm(__("Are you sure you want to email the selected salary slips?"), () => {
			listview.call_for_selected_items("hrms.payroll.doctype.salary_slip.salary_slip.enqueue_email_salary_slips");
		});
	});
},

button: {
	show: function (doc) {
		return doc.name;
	},
	get_label: function () {
		return __("View", null, "Access");
	},
	get_description: function (doc) {
		return __("Open {0}", [`${__(doc.name)}: ${doc.employee}`]);
	},

action: function (doc) {
        frappe.call({
            method: 'erpnext.payroll.doctype.salary_slip.salary_slip.get_employee_country',
            args: {
                employee_id: doc.employee
            },
            callback: function(r) {
                var country = r.message;
                var encodedCountry = encodeURIComponent(country);
                window.open("/api/method/frappe.utils.print_format.download_pdf?doctype=Salary%20Slip&name=" + doc.name + "&format=PaySlip%20Myginne%20" + encodedCountry + "&no_letterhead=0&letterhead=Myginne&settings=%7B%7D&_lang=en");
            }
        });
    },
},

}

this is the python code

import frappe

@frappe.whitelist()
def get_employee_country(employee_id):
employee = frappe.get_doc(“Employee”, employee_id)
return employee.country

i fetched the country(custom field) from the employee doctype, so that my url is changed accordingly.

2 Likes