Data Flow Diagram & ER Diagram of ERPNext

Hello

Is there any DFD & ER Diagram of ERPNext, Cause our company wants to implement ERPNext after doing customization. So need to understand the work flow, data flow diagram and entity relationship diagram of the complete system, so that developers can take a lead

thanks
ishtiaque

Even though it’s not enough for developers, but you’ve checked the Flow chart of transactions, right?

Hi,
Check workflow example also:-

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/setting-up/workflows

@strixaluco the link you have shared i have checked that before, but its not enough i guess.

ER Diagram is must and asked by my Team lead

@shraddha

Something like this but need the whole picture module wise and inter relation between the modules.

We intend to implement this at Garments industry so you can understand the importance here

thanks

@InnovaERP You can install an instance and use a 3rd party tool make the ER-Diagram from the MariaDB instance.

2 Likes

HI all

we tried to extract ER using tools for that but no luck because the lack of FK at relational schema level. Anyway in older version of ERPNext there were .txt file listing for each doctype the other entitties to which there was relations. in ErpNext we have currently installed I cannot find that files mentioned on several posts of this forum .For example , where are files like app/accounts/doctype/account/account.txt in ERPNext v7 ? Equivalently how were they replaced if not yet present.

many thanks for your attention

The are now .json files (instead of txt). Content is still the same.

I am evaluating ERPNext and, like italjapan and InnovaERP, I need an ERD. No FKs? How do you ensure referential integrity in the database without FKs? Are you relying on code in each module/application to maintain table relationships?

In my experience, pushing as much logic as possible into the database through the use of stored procedures, triggers, FK constraints, and views (preferably materialized) will improve integrity, performance, and security.

Exploring the ERPNext database, I see 330+ tables and nothing else. ERPNext is a complex system. Why not use all the capabilities of MariaDB? I am a bit concerned about long term enhancement, maintenance, and support of an ERPNext implementation.

1 Like

Because Foreign Keys automatically indexes the column in MariaDB and this creates performance issues as the data scales.

3 Likes