Data import tool not accessible :-(

Hi all,

I’ve just run into an issue with the Data Import Tool. I’m using the Healthcare domain and have done the following:

Created a user that has access to the Healthcare domain only. (the user has Module access to Healthcare and Desk…maybe that is too limited but I don’t know what to add and my experimenting isn’t working)

Created a roll for that user within the Healthcare domain that allows access to the Patient doctype.

I want to allow that user to be able to import patients in bulk but when I click on “Import” I get the following error message:

“Not found - Page data-import not found. The resource you are looking for is not available” (see screenshot below).

I found something related to this here on the forums but it was quite old 2017 and reading through it, unfortunately, didn’t help me.

I went to the permissions manager and added permission for “Page” with my new role but that didn’t change anything.

I don’t want to grant this user System Admin level access just to allow them to import Patients…surely that is not required?

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Jason

I’m really lost here…I can’t figure out what the origin of this error “Page data-import not found” could be. I’ve added permissions for a slew of doctypes (see below) with no success:

• DocShare (added permissions for my custom role to mirror the System Manager role)
  • File (added permissions for my custom role to mirror the System Manager role)
  • User (added permissions for my custom role to mirror the System Manager role)
  • Data Import (added permissions for my custom role to mirror the System Manager role)
  • Data Import Legacy (added permissions for my custom role to mirror the System Manager role)
  • Page (added permissions for my custom role to mirror the System Manager role)

But my custom role is still not able to import new patients. :frowning: If I give the users the “System Manager” role they can then upload new patients but…I don’t want them to have the “System Manager” role because of all the other access it provides. I just want them to be able to upload patients…sigh.

Since this is simply for a demo and in reality, typically patients will be added one at a time I guess I’ll bit the bullet and grant all users “System Manager” access for now for the purpose of getting all the demo patient accounts in the system but…it seems like this could possibly be a bit more straightforward…?

Regards
Jason

Ok, talking to myself here…which is something I’m pretty good at on forums like this. :slight_smile:

I don’t know what I did wrong when setting permissions on the various doctypes (listed above) but I’ve just somehow discovered that the following does, in fact, achieve what I wanted.

→ Add permission to doctype “Data Import” for my new role to mirror the System Manager role.

This allows my new role to import patients. I guess I did not refresh when I did this before…although I thought I did…hmmm. Anyway, sorry for cluttering the forums.

Cheers
Jason

2 Likes

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info. I went thru your path too. Thank you.

But I’m not having the luck you have: both Data Import and Data Import Legacy have permissions set for the Role I created, but still I can’t access the page for users under that Role.

I’m on ERPNext v13

Yeah, 50% of time we talk to ourselves in this forum. :slight_smile:

Charles,

Thanks, it’s nice to interact with someone here. :slight_smile: Unfortunately, this has been quite a long time ago for me now so I’ve forgotten what I did and how I did it. Since then I’m now on a production site with paid support from Frappe, which is very helpful by the way, and we have users being created individually so I no longer have a need to use the data import tool. That was to set up a proof of concept model back in 2021. I do remember the solution I posted here not working initially so I was thinking that it was a system or browser caching issue…possibly. Hope you are successful in figuring it out.

Cheers
Jason

Open Role Permission Manager→Select Doctype as Data Import Log→Select Role→Tick mark Ream, Import and Export